"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-30-2006, 03:01 PM   #11
Executive Chef

Here I have to say that I think Craig is a great actor.... but he wouldn't have been my first choice for Bond, simply cos he's nothing like the book Bond!

Old 09-30-2006, 03:03 PM   #12
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
I feel nauseous. This goes against everything I know.....C'mon CONNERY! SAVE BOND!

Old 09-30-2006, 04:14 PM   #13
Head Chef

I am tried of the movie industry keep making James Bonds movies. The originals were the best and as far as I am concerned the new ones can't compete with the old ones.

Jill and Jolie
shpj4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 05:14 PM   #14
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenelf
Angel Heart scared the bejibberies out of me!!!!!!!!!!

Why would one mess with James Bond? We can ALL drive a Ford, gadgets or not. The "romance" of James Bond and what he portrays will be lost.

But I can honestly say that since I was MUCH younger the James Bond men just haven't been the same - After Roger Moore and Sean Connery I shut down to anyone portraying 007
Angel Heart was GREAT!...Did you see Skeleton Key???
Old 09-30-2006, 07:17 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
[quote=cara].... not only that Daniel Craig is blonde, he will drive a Ford Mondeo with Automatic..
and I read in our newspaper there are no Martinis anymore, the new JB will take a Heineken beer

http://movies.monstersandcritics.com/news/article_1134414.php[/quote]

Oh, crap and half! What next? A beer belly and pick-up truck?! I'm still in love with Sean Connery. And, no, Bond can't be blonde. It's the tall, dark and handsome leaning against a wall with that just-right curl of his lip and eyebrow mystique that is Bond, James Bond! And no more, "Shaken. Not stirred!" Now that's gone from pryin' to meddlin'.
Old 09-30-2006, 10:47 PM   #16
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to kyles
Oh for heavens sake, get with the times people!!!

Even our mate Bond has to move with the times. He survived being played by an Aussie, he'll survive Mr Craig too.

I can forgive Daniel Craig his blonde hair, because the bloke has the most stunning blue eyes ever. He played a South African terrorist in Munich, and I'm afraid I am now

No one orders martinis anymore (well not in Kylieworld anyway) so I can't see the problem with him wanting a beer.

I would get Daniel Craig anything he asks for
Old 10-01-2006, 09:26 AM   #17
Executive Chef

Hahhaaaaa, Kyles
Just cos he's blonde..... That's you harking back to your Aussie surfies background?!!!!

I like Daniel Craig. I've liked everything I've seen him in - mostly on UK tele... But Bond? Naaaaahhhhhhh
Old 10-01-2006, 10:19 AM   #18
Master Chef

The only James Bonds that I liked were of course, Sean Connery {The best one!!} and Roger Moore.
I don't remember the name of the one that I liked, I just remember Jaws, the giant of a man that had the silver teeth.
I also liked Live and Let Die.

I saw the trailer for the new movie and it just didn't have the James Bond feel to it.
Old 10-01-2006, 11:14 AM   #19
Head Chef

Ishbel's right about it being all about product placement. Hardly anyone drinks Martini these days, and anyway, why should the film producers give a free advert when they can get loads of lolly off a brewery? The cars have been 'dumbing down' for years, despite all the fancy remote controls that let the car seemingly drive with no-one in the front seat. From an Aston to a BMW is a fairly long drop. But how many of us can afford a Merc or a BMW? And of those of us that can (not me, by the way), how many are going to be influenced by a film? Ford is the logical advertiser.

A long while back, Connery made a statement saying that he thought Craig would make a good Bond. This was way back when it was first announced Craig would play the part. Brosnan was OK, but Roger Moore was too two-dimensional, almost a cartoon character. Personally, I like a man with a bit of depth to him (!). Craig might be a winner. The least we can do is give him a chance and not write him off before he's even started.

In any case, it's not easy to protest against these changes. About the only way is not going to see the film.
Old 10-01-2006, 11:20 AM   #20
Chief Eating Officer

I am confused by the "hardly anyone drinks martinis" statements. Where I am from, martinis are the hottest drink and have been for a number of years now. Martini bars have been popping up all over the place. Now granted, it is not the James Bond martini and purists would never call most of these drinks martinis, but speaking for my friends and family and myself our choice of drink is often a gin or vodka martini. At the most we might make it a little dirty, but that is as far from the original as we stray usually.