This is not James Bond anymore...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We just saw the movie this weekend and I don't remember good ole James having a beer at all.

Have to admit I kinda like this new guy.

But the "Crouching Dragon Hidden Tiger" stunt moves were a bit over the top.

We'll compare more notes after you've seen it, Trish.

Apologies to all those Chinese stunt movie fans - it's "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon," isn't it?

I'm confused with the statement about martinis being 'out'. They're really still popular around here.

How about not having a stunning lady walk out of the water (shades of Halle Berry) but instead....James comes ashore. What's up with that? :ohmy: :mad:

A FORD! Take me now...!

That's right Mud. It's "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon" played by Chow Yuen Fatt and Michelle Yeoh, former Miss Malaysia, who played James Bond's girl in Tomorrow Never Dies.

LOL, I have to get used to the new Bond. I never really cared for Pierce Brosnan...I'm a Connery and Moore fan. :)

I know what kind of response this comment always gets, but I don't understand the fascination with Sean Connery. He was good as Bond, I'll give you that. He's turned into such a charicature that I can hardly stand to hear that lisp for a minute now! It didn't help that he turned me off so much when he advocated hitting women, and then advocated it a second time too.

Oh, I heard that this new movie is quite good.

BC

Sorry, BlueCat, but I've never required my movie stars (or writers, musicians, painters, etc.) to have sensible opinions on anything as long as they are good at their craft.

I have read the reviews, and everyone is saying this is by far the best Bond movie in decades! :cool:
The last 10 Bond movies has sucked out loud. So any change is a good one for me.
No one yell at me now! :ermm:

mudbug said:
Sorry, BlueCat, but I've never required my movie stars (or writers, musicians, painters, etc.) to have sensible opinions on anything as long as they are good at their craft.

You know, neither do I truly, Mudbug. I love to listen to Sinatra, despicable a man as he was. And the interviews where Connery showed his backside didn't really make or break my opinion of him as an actor - but they didn't endear him any, that's for sure. And as I said, I liked him early on, and then something odd happened to his delivery.

BC

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom