This Is Where I'm From

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My normal -wet and mushy from end of March to June, beautiful end of My to August, biting bug infested, moderate hot July, also humid, dry, hot, bug infested August, cooling September, but beautiful (bugs are gone), spectacular October with changing fall colors, cold, often below zero, with gobs of snow November through March (5 foot of snow in one weekend in Dec 1995, 2 months straight sub zero temps, in the eaerly2000's). No tornadoes, no poison snakes, or spiders, lots of wasps, bees, horseflies, deerflies, more mosquitoes than you can believe, etc. Exceptional forests, lakes, streams, rivers, Great Lakes, snow sports, pristine water, great small, and large game hunting, the best fudge shops on the planet, Maple trees, and so, maple syrup. If not for the bugs, it would be an absolute paradise. Oh, and then there are the wild edibles, blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, Saskatoon berries, raspberries, thimble berries, wintergreen berries, wild cherries, choke cherries, the list goes on. And don't even get me started on shrooms.:LOL:

Yeh, that was home.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom