This Is Where I'm From

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, the Chrysler Building is on my "to-do" list if I ever get to the States.

Oh dear, New England in the fall to Monument Valley via New York and San Francisco - I'd better get an extended visa! And that doesn't even begin to cover the Everglades and the Great Lakes.:ohmy:

And don't forget the Grand Canyon, Petrified Forrest in Arizona, Rocky Mountains, in Colorado etc. Then there is the Southwest. Pueblo Ruins in New Mexico, The Alamo in Texas, A western Rodeo, etc. Yeah, I say you need to get an extended Visa. Folks are amazed at just how big this country is. It can take five days to drive cross country. Three if you only make pit stops and have two drivers. In Texas alone, if you drove starting at the southern most town Brownsville and headed north, and drove beginning from sunrise to sunset, you still would be in Texas at the end of the day. This is just the lower 48. Alaska and Hawaii are another trip of their own. Hawaii has an active volcano, and five islands to cover. Beautiful tropical scenery and so much to see and do. Alaska, the scenery will knock your socks off. You see one beautiful site, go around the corner and it has even more beauty better than what you just saw. Absolutely breath taking. But I will let Laurie tell us about that when she gets back from her honeymoon. :angel:

addie, i could only wish to see the pictures in your mind as you described that.

i would be proud to call that place my home.

btw, you left a lot about the eastern shore out.

jus sayin'

Last edited:
addie, i could only wish to see the pictures in your mind as you described that.

i would be proud to call that place my home.

btw, you left a lot about the eastern shore out.

jus sayin'

I was just getting wound up. I have ridden cross country three times and never did I fail to be amazed at the beauty and hardness of this country. I makes you wonder how those Conestogas ever made it across the Rockies. I have lived in five states and had extended stays in about six more which included Alaska.

For the Eastern shore, the rocky coast of Maine, hoping to see a moose or two, a lobster feast, the painted houses in Cape May, the Mansions in Rhode Island, the antebellum homes of the south, our nations capitol Washing DC, The Vietnam Memorial Wall, Lincoln Memorial, alligators in Florida. There is so much to see. I don't understand why everyone wants to go to Europe when we have so much here to see and enjoy. As the saying went, "See America First."

I am not knocking Europe. They have a great history and beauty of their own. But how can you brag about your own country, when you haven't even seen half of it. :angel:

So pretty!

Gators are starting to come more inland. Falls lake near Raleigh, a man who was fishing hooked a young one just before Labor Day Weekend!

Eeek, Bake! Run for the hills! Too bad there aren't any hills down here. Flat as a durn pancake. I did move out of that neighborhood. Now it's just snakes and spiders and such. ;)

This is just down the road a piece -- yes, it's hard to read here, but the arch across the gate announces Buckingham Palace (our most-used road is Buckingham Road). Look closely for the little bitty place back in the piney woods. These neighbors are more fun. :LOL:

Attachments

• Buckingham Palace 9 2014 041.jpg
    Buckingham Palace 9 2014 041.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 210
I am SOOO glad that so many DCers have jumped in
and shown off their hometowns. Absolutely gorgeous everyone!
Addie, I whole-heartly agree with you!
See America!
This is a big reason why DH and I moved from
a tiny-180-mile-around-ROCK in the middle of the Pacific Ocean,
(not that I'm knocking Hawaii or anything, it was just time to move on, that's all :))
to SEE AMERICA!
I feel so very blessed that many of the places in the USA
that have been mentioned here, we have been fortunate
enough to have seen, some more than once.

With so many schools of higher learning in Boston and Cambridge, we get thousands of foreign students each year. A lot of them come from very wealthy families in Europe. So they have the money to travel the country during the spring and summer breaks. And travel they do. Like American students wish to travel Europe, foreign students want to see all that America has to offer the eyes and soul. They come back to Boston every Fall with tales of the wonders of this country. Some honestly expect to see the Old West. When you talk to them, you can't help but laugh at their perception of what they thought America would be like and what they really found.

Absolutely "See America First!" :angel:

...This is a big reason why DH and I moved from
a tiny-180-mile-around-ROCK in the middle of the Pacific Ocean,
(not that I'm knocking Hawaii or anything, it was just time to move on, that's all :))
to SEE AMERICA!
I feel so very blessed that many of the places in the USA
that have been mentioned here, we have been fortunate
enough to have seen, some more than once.
If I had MY way (which, it seems some days, I never do...:( ), Himself and I would get ourselves a little "home-base" house or condo, spending most of the time travelling in one of those huge travel trailers - some of which are probably bigger than our first apartment! :LOL: We've seen a lot, but I want to see even more.

i heard missouri was planning in changing it's state motto to be more pro-active.

instead of "the show me state" it'll be "we'll show you ours"....

If I had MY way (which, it seems some days, I never do...:( ), Himself and I would get ourselves a little "home-base" house or condo, spending most of the time travelling in one of those huge travel trailers - some of which are probably bigger than our first apartment! :LOL: We've seen a lot, but I want to see even more.

I've always wanted to do that too, CG. Whenever my daughters and I are out on a road trip and we see folks in motor homes or pulling travel trailers, I dream of being able to just take off and go....pull into campsites wherever and whenever, or just off road. But I would have to be home to see my grandson's baseball games too, so unless I clone myself it will only be a dream. LOL :LOL:

My traveling days are over. Having crossed the country a few times, taken side trips to see parts of America most folks never get to see, I am now content to stay at home surrounded by my children. I have one grandchild in particular that I really want to see grow up. He is my last grandchild. From here on in, it will be all great grandchildren. I already have six greats, but the family is getting ready to explode the population again. There are more than five grandkids that are at marriageable age. I find it hard to believe that I have created so many off-springs from just five children. Time for me to rest and relax. :angel:

I've always wanted to do that too, CG. Whenever my daughters and I are out on a road trip and we see folks in motor homes or pulling travel trailers, I dream of being able to just take off and go....pull into campsites wherever and whenever, or just off road. But I would have to be home to see my grandson's baseball games too, so unless I clone myself it will only be a dream. LOL :LOL:

THAT is what I would love to do!
If I could just get Mister K on board... :whistling
My ideal is either a View Profile or and R-Pod
Travel around the country in the RV and see as much as we can, while we can! :clap:
We're not on the this Earth forever, I want to make the most of out time, especially with our good health still entact.

I like the View Profile much better.

Yupper, me too, but, and that's a big butt...
the price is WOW! WAY up there!
The depreciation on this is minimal, even
buying it used is an arm & a leg! unless of course
you buy used, and I mean very old RV, almost 10 years old.
The technology in the past 5 years or less makes the units
so much better and efficient, but HOWDY DOWDY!
We could buy a condo at the beach for that kinda moolah :ohmy::huh::ermm::LOL:

Yupper, me too, but, and that's a big butt...
the price is WOW! WAY up there!
The depreciation on this is minimal, even
buying it used is an arm & a leg! unless of course
you buy used, and I mean very old RV, almost 10 years old.
The technology in the past 5 years or less makes the units
so much better and efficient, but HOWDY DOWDY!
We could buy a condo at the beach for that kinda moolah :ohmy::huh::ermm::LOL:

Here's my RV

images

Back
Top Bottom