This Is Where I'm From

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I see the other side of the Sierra from Cheryl and to the west..Mt. Diablo

That's beautiful Oldvine!

Where I'm from and where we now live are 600+ miles away.

The first pair of photos are from where we are right now. The winter image is what I see out the back door of our sun room. The second is from my front porch looking up our street. It's one of the few garden photos that doesn't show weeds. :LOL:

The last three pictures are from OH, the first one from around where our kids live. In the photo is Himself standing with our daughter The second is from the city next to ours that we would take regular outings to since they had a cute Town Common area, just like I imagined New England would look like. Imagine my surprise to find that my idea of a New England town square is hard to find. Right angles and roads rarely happen together. :LOL: The last is of one of the best places to visit if you are ever in Cleveland: West Side Market. We are regular shoppers there when we're in the area, both when we lived there and now when we visit.

CG, I adore the small towns of America, anywhere USA

That has to be one of dumbest postings of all times. Go ahead and have yourself a good laugh. :angel:

I made a stupid incomplete statement about the location of the Amish in Ohio. When I am typing, my fingers go right past my thoughts. :angel:

Oh. It looked like you were calling CG's comment dumb.
:huh: Addie, YOU never mentioned Amish, I did! :LOL: You had said "....and...are...looking for a place that will be familiar to what you left behind, you will find it on the West Coast.. If you grew up on a farm in Ohio, you will find plenty of farmland on the West Coast...". I was saying it wouldn't look the same in CA because there weren't any Amish buggies around. I guess my "point" wasn't too sharp. :(

GG, I thought Addie called my point dumb too. I was ready to hunt her down and beat her up - after all, she posted a pic of her home. ;)

I'm joking Addie! :flowers:

:huh: Addie, YOU never mentioned Amish, I did! :LOL: You had said "....and...are...looking for a place that will be familiar to what you left behind, you will find it on the West Coast.. If you grew up on a farm in Ohio, you will find plenty of farmland on the West Coast...". I was saying it wouldn't look the same in CA because there weren't any Amish buggies around. I guess my "point" wasn't too sharp. :(

GG, I thought Addie called my point dumb too. I was ready to hunt her down and beat her up - after all, she posted a pic of her home. ;)

I'm joking Addie! :flowers:

I know!. But I think we all are ready for a very long vacation. I know I am. :angel:

hey, it's not so dumb. we have an amish cat that lives in jersey, and i know an amish guy from brooklyn...

Yesterday, 9-11-14, at City Hall. They usually keep the flags up for a week.

img_1387036_0_83d9d53632684e3e9ab1ca6600e71f7c.jpg

i was sad to see the lights beaming up into the sky from ground zero while i was on my way into work last night.

the new building isn't anywhere near as cool as the old twin towers.

and i agree with the folks in chicago. just because there's a giant spike on the roof doesn't make it taller.
"
that would be like a short guy around 5'8" or 5'9" spiking up their hair with gel and saying they're 6' tall.

I'm from the "Land of Pleasant Living" K- girl.

Born a Baltimoron and now live south of the big city.;)

Here are a couple of pics of my home in the winter.
And remember if you hop in your car and head this way we have crabs in the summer and you're welcome to join us in that delicacy.

Attachments

• copy1.JPG
    copy1.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 143
  • copy2.JPG
    copy2.JPG
    14.2 KB · Views: 168
  • marylandcrab.jpg
    marylandcrab.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 234
bucky, I can just imagine...:( My daughter and her family are going to NYC the first week of October, and I'm sure they will go visit ground zero again.

Zagut....I love your home, and all that snow! :ohmy: Beautiful pics.

I'm from the "Land of Pleasant Living" K- girl.

Born a Baltimoron and now live south of the big city.;)

Here are a couple of pics of my home in the winter.
And remember if you hop in your car and head this way we have crabs in the summer and you're welcome to join us in that delicacy.

Beautiful Zagut!
Dear BIL & SIL lived in West Friendship, outside of Charm City for many years ... loved it when we would visit and have a bushel of crabs! :yum:
BIL made a point of taking us all around, just to eat.
Fells Point and Little Italy, WOW!
Then we spent several family get-togethers renting a house in Ocean City, MD too, FUN!

Here is the town that I've called home for 18 years now. This place has really grown on me.

raleigh_skyline.jpg

Last edited:
rs.

and i agree with the folks in chicago. just because there's a giant spike on the roof doesn't make it taller.
"
that would be like a short guy around 5'8" or 5'9" spiking up their hair with gel and saying they're 6' tall.
Wasn't there some rivalry between the Chrysler Building and the Empire State building about which was going to be the higher and they stuck a spire on one of them to make it a higher building?

I may have that completely wrong

EDIT:- Partly wrong. I've looked it up and it was the Chrysler Building and No 40 Wall Street

Last edited:
yes, but there's been a quiet rivalry between the new freedom tower and the sears/willis tower in chicago.

to me, a building is as tall as it's roof; not something sticking upwards where only crazy people venture.

the latter is for mountain climbers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom