This Is Where I'm From

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmm. That didn't work. Guess I did that wrong. Sorry. Let me try again, adding the Spring photo and, after we moved to Florida, some alligators in the back yard canal.

Lizzie was having trouble posting pix. Maybe a mod can help her. In the meantime, here's one of my house from last year. The maple tree hasn't started turning yet.

Attachments

• 1410703263248.jpg
    1410703263248.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 212
Beautiful home, GG. :) Bakechef, that's an awesome view of your city!

Last edited:
Here is the town that I've called home for 18 years now. This place has really grown on me.

raleigh_skyline.jpg

It's a brand new day, and 3rd time's the charm, right?

So NC's Spring and Fall colors are worth a little trouble. Oh, yes - and the alligators in the back yard canal.
(Thank you, generous DCers, for the offers of help.)

Attachments

• Charlotte NC Fall Colors.jpg
    Charlotte NC Fall Colors.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 256
  • Charlotte NC Spring.jpg
    Charlotte NC Spring.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 194
  • alligators.jpg
    alligators.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 191
The English Lake District for Addie. Not as spectacular as the Rockies but not bad all the same.

Lake District National Park - Free photos (click photos to find out what they are.)

MC I just went back to look at the photos. I remember once I asked my husband if he would ever consider going back to his childhood town to live. I got a very emphatic "NO!" I would have been very happy to live in the Lakes District. It is so beautiful. :angel:

Wasn't there some rivalry between the Chrysler Building and the Empire State building about which was going to be the higher and they stuck a spire on one of them to make it a higher building?

I may have that completely wrong

EDIT:- Partly wrong. I've looked it up and it was the Chrysler Building and No 40 Wall Street

There was also a rivalry between the Woolworth Building and the Empire Building. It was during the time anyone who had a pocket full of money, was putting up a building and wanted to have the tallest one in NY. I personally love the Chrysler Building. It is so unique. :angel:

So NC's Spring and Fall colors are worth a little trouble. Oh, yes - and the alligators in the back yard canal.
Lizzie, that's gorgeous! You have a backyard canal? Wow! But alligators :ohmy:

Lizzie, that's gorgeous! You have a backyard canal? Wow! But alligators :ohmy:

Thanks, Taxy. Well, did have when we came down in '06. I'm a landlubber now. Can't say I miss having gators in the back yard; they're not very good neighbors.

So pretty!

Gators are starting to come more inland. Falls lake near Raleigh, a man who was fishing hooked a young one just before Labor Day Weekend!

There was also a rivalry between the Woolworth Building and the Empire Building. It was during the time anyone who had a pocket full of money, was putting up a building and wanted to have the tallest one in NY. I personally love the Chrysler Building. It is so unique. :angel:
Yes, the Chrysler Building is on my "to-do" list if I ever get to the States.

Oh dear, New England in the fall to Monument Valley via New York and San Francisco - I'd better get an extended visa! And that doesn't even begin to cover the Everglades and the Great Lakes.:ohmy:

Thanks, Taxy. Well, did have when we came down in '06. I'm a landlubber now. Can't say I miss having gators in the back yard; they're not very good neighbors.
Did you get rid of the alligators or did you get rid of the canal and the 'gators were collateral damage?

Lizzie was having trouble posting pix. Maybe a mod can help her. In the meantime, here's one of my house from last year. The maple tree hasn't started turning yet.
GG, your street looks so perfectly Americana! I suppose it has no choice but to be pretty, what with you talking about what a friendly neighborhood you live in with your block parties and all

GG, your street looks so perfectly Americana! I suppose it has no choice but to be pretty, what with you talking about what a friendly neighborhood you live in with your block parties and all

Aw, thank you! It's a great place to live. I missed the civic league board meeting tonight to feed the master gardener students. So much to do ;)

Back
Top Bottom