This NEW GE Refrigerator also brews K-CUP coffee pods...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am so done with the "do it all" refers, my sister has a tv in the door, crushed, cubed and slushed ice, cold water, hot water, etc... Its just silly and always broken...

I would get an under the counter ice maker and a built in water dispenser, then just a basic fridge with no internal water connection..

As far as the k-cups, I think they are too expensive, my wife uses the soft pods, the coffee tastes better, and they are cheaper, plus not as much to throw away..

we have this machine hard piped into the water line so she never has to fill it with water. https://commercialcatalog.bunn.com/...omatic-Commercial-Grade-Pod-Brewer-35400-0010

she gets pods here Melitta One:One Coffee Pods | Melitta Single Serve Ground Coffee she loves that brand and after coupons and free shipping she averages about 30 cents a cup with K cups like a lot of people I know use they average around 70 cents a cup and with K cups for some reason the coffee is not as strong my wife does a large cup with a single pod {they are the 2x thick ones} and with a k cup she needed 2 to get the coffee right and at that point you are better off just go to a coffee shop...

Anyway, I am waiting to see the refrigerator with a TV, blue tooth mp3 player, and microwave on the door...

I like having an ice maker in the freezer compartment, we use quite a bit of ice since Rob drinks ice water almost exclusively, but if I was shopping for a high end fridge, I wouldn't even want water and ice in the door.

I'm someone that really likes gadgets, but when it comes to appliances I want them to do their intended function well without useless gimmicks. I want a top load washer that swishes my clothes around in soap, rinses and spins out the water, I don't need a computer board in my washer. I don't want a wifi enabled, touch screen, Keurig refrigerator. Now get off my lawn!

...Now get off my lawn! :ROFLMAO:

I agree, don't need any more failing parts, though I do like the in-door icemaker on our fridge.

Last edited:
Who even thinks of all these bizarre options? Craziness.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

I want a top load washer that swishes my clothes around in soap, rinses and spins out the water, I don't need a computer board in my washer.

When my old washer broke down I wanted to replace it with something similar and simple, such as where you set your own water level and water starts filling the tub as you pull the dial. Well, I couldn't find a large capacity washer with those simple mechanical features so I was forced to get one of those energy saving load sensor washers instead. Bad mistake. This washer "analyzes" the load at every cycle, adding about 30 minutes to the total wash time over the old washer. I can't set my own water level.
Often times I need to do 2 loads late at night so I can throw the loads into the dryer before going to bed. The 'brain' in this washer supposedly saves water but the one hour it takes to do each load just isn't worth it.

When my old washer broke down I wanted to replace it with something similar and simple, such as where you set your own water level and water starts filling the tub as you pull the dial. Well, I couldn't find a large capacity washer with those simple mechanical features so I was forced to get one of those energy saving load sensor washers instead. Bad mistake. This washer "analyzes" the load at every cycle, adding about 30 minutes to the total wash time over the old washer. I can't set my own water level.
Often times I need to do 2 loads late at night so I can throw the loads into the dryer before going to bed. The 'brain' in this washer supposedly saves water but the one hour it takes to do each load just isn't worth it.

Mine is just a basic 10 year old GE and they still make one similar. It's average size but not super large, does the trick for us. Both my mom and my boss bought the same fancy "efficient" top loaders, they both hate them, they both have this issue where clothes come out smelling sour unless they manually set a very specific program. You can't just toss in clothes, they have to be arranged around the edge.

I hope that they don't try to build a Keurig into a washing machine next! :LOL:

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Discuss Cooking mobile app

:LOL: Bakechef, you're on a roll tonight!

I like my basic top loading washing machine. No Keurig.

When we bought a bunch of new appliances several years ago, we also got a new dishwasher. We requested the installation. The guy installing our dishwasher made the comment, "Not too bad for an entry-level dishwasher." WTH??

Last edited:
:LOL: Bakechef, you're on a roll tonight!

I like my basic top loading washing machine. No Keurig.

When we bought a bunch of new appliances several years ago, we also got a new dishwasher. We requested the installation. The guy installing our dishwasher made the comment, "Not too bad for an entry-level dishwasher." WTH??

Funny story, reading the news feed on my 25 year old nephew's facebook, you'd think that you were reading the rantings of a 70 year old curmudgeon, he complains how young people these days can't seem to do anything for themselves. He can rebuild a car,build, wire and plumb a house, use a sewing machine, and makes all of his own bread. He is closing on his first house next month and I can see him sitting on the porch yelling at the neighbor kids to get off his lawn, :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom