This news story explains a lot.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lefty7887

Sous Chef
I am not trying to be a downer, I am a very positive person but this explains some others behavior. I heard a story on the radio the this week is the most depressing week of the year. I found a link that is not the exact story but it covers most of what was being said on the radio. Feeling blue? Today - January 19, 2009 - is the most depressing day in HISTORY, say experts | Mail Online
Please take a moment for yourself and have a little cheer in your life to counteract this. I myself am looking foward to Kayaking and fishing season coming up in just a few weeks. I am planning on doing some geocaching with my daughter this year to get some more excercise.

I have seasonal affective disorder all winter long - yesterday was just another day for me. ;)

I try to do things to keep myself up in the winter (I use a full spectrum light, exercise, take extra Vitamin D). And like you, I think about things I'm going to do when it warms up (more hiking, trips to the beach, gardening, etc).

Here is a quick down and dirty on geocaching if anyone is interested.

Geocaching is a high-tech treasure hunting game played throughout the world by adventure seekers equipped with GPS devices. The basic idea is to locate hidden containers, called geocaches, outdoors and then share your experiences online. Geocaching is enjoyed by people from all age groups, with a strong sense of community and support for the environment.

Geocaching - The Official Global GPS Cache Hunt Site

I am not trying to be a downer, I am a very positive person but this explains some others behavior. I heard a story on the radio the this week is the most depressing week of the year. I found a link that is not the exact story but it covers most of what was being said on the radio. Feeling blue? Today - January 19, 2009 - is the most depressing day in HISTORY, say experts | Mail Online

Just like the media to bring something like this to the forefront of the news. Yep, sure makes me want to go out and buy a paper. Think I'll just go to work and ignore the doomsayers. Bottom feeders....

And I thought Monday was depressing because the Eagles lost :(

This time of year is a rough stretch. All the uncertainty in the economy etc is making it worse than usual.

I try to get outdoors as much as possible in the winter but working a business day job makes it tough... basically all the daylight hours are spent under the florescent looking at a screen.

By the time I leave work it is dark. Neighbors are all hibernating.

I cannot wait for spring to come

Nothing has changed for me and I'm usually in a very good mood, but I did blog about the recent closing of the Circuit City stores, one more in a series of store closings and I feel the situation will get worse before it gets better. We just put a new man in the White House a couple of hours ago and God willing, he'll bring us back to smiles.

Hmmmm, well if you look at it positively, you can say, "Great, now it's behind us and we have nowhere to go but up!"

Or, negatively, you can say, "Yeah, it was the most depressing day in history SO FAR!".

Although, thinking of some of the darkest days this country and the world has experienced, I'm thinking the article might have been a tad overstated.

Lee

I have seasonal affective disorder all winter long - yesterday was just another day for me. ;)

I drop into a funk the day the clocks are set back an hour, and it takes me a long time to get over it. Come to think about it I get over it just about the winter solstice. I guess it's because psychologically I know the days are getting longer.

Funny thing is, I also have problems with turning the clocks ahead, Just something unnatural. I have never been able to tie myself to a clock while everything around me IS tied to a clock. When I have to readjust my sun clock to the arbitrary changing of the time clock ... it just doesn't work for me.

I will say that today was a bright spot.

I don't get it.....have they not turned the news on this week? Esp. yesterday and today....? For millions it is an awsome day in History.....so credit card bills from Christmas cancells out the fact that it is Martin Luther King's Day on the eve of the Inauguration of the Nations first African American President! I think if they were to turn on the news and see the masses gathered in DC they might see MANY who disagree with this article!

deelady, I think its a yearly article that has to do with cabin fever, with a twist on the economy and jobs. I see stories like this every late January with some tips on how to get by. Like I said in the original post I am an optimist and like to see good things and stay positive. I am glad you are looking at the positive.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom