This one is for Uncle Bob...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

DC Grandma

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Each Friday night after work, Bubba would fire up his outdoor grill and cook a venison steak. But, all of Bubba's neighbors were Catholic. And since it was Lent, they were forbidden from eating meat on Friday. The delicious aroma from the grilled venison steaks was causing such a problem for the Catholic faithful that they finally talked to their priest.

The Priest came to visit Bubba, and suggested that he become a Catholic. After several classes and much study, Bubba attended Mass, and as the priest sprinkled holy water over him, he said, "You were born a Baptist, and raised a Baptist, but now you are a Catholic."

Bubba's neighbors were greatly relieved, until Friday night arrived, and the wonderful aroma of grilled venison filled the neighborhood.

The Priest was called immediately by the neighbors, and, as he rushed into Bubba's yard, clutching a rosary and prepared to scold him, he stopped and watched in amazement.

There stood Bubba, clutching a small bottle of holy water which he carefully sprinkled over the grilling meat and chanted: "You wuz born a deer, you wuz raised a deer, but now you is a catfish."

I takes a lot to make me actually laugh. This one did that. That was a great joke. So now, and with appreciation for that bit of mirth, I offer a bit of humor as well.

There were three churches that sat on opposite corners in a particularly religeous neighborhood, a Baptiist, a Lutherin, and a Catholic Church. One summer, due to a nearby landscaping project, all three churches were invaded by the mice that had been living in the project area. The Baptist minister said, "We believe mice to be the creatures made by the hand of the Creator, and so we will let them stay." The Lutherin Pastor said "We believe that thise mice a creatures of the Creator, and so we will trap them and move them to the forest." The Catholics though, had another plan. They caught and baptized the mice as Catholics knowing that after the baptism, they would be seen no more, except at Christmas and Easter.

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Three Holy men shared a house, a Minister, a Priest and a Rabbi.
One day they decided it would be a good idea to purchase a new car.
When the new car arrived the Minister went over and said a prayer over it.
The Priest blessed it, and the Rabbi cut an inch off the exhaust pipe.....

:LOL: :LOL:

Miss Dove...

Thanks for the joke about the deer being "converted" to catfish!!! I had a loud laugh with it and will enjoy passing it on! It is indeed priceless! :LOL: :LOL:

Ps I just had another hardy laugh!!:LOL:

I'm sneaking in here - sorry to disturb everyone - but - ummmmmmmmmm - we do try to stay away from religion - no matter how humorous! :LOL:

All of you to the woodshed. Since it's Dove's woodshed I'm not sure if that makes her exempt?????

Sorry, but I have to close this thread :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom