Those morons at Macy's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LizStreithorst

Senior Cook
I posted about getting two pressure cookers for the price of one from Macy's on the Crazy Cat Lady's thread. I told them that I'd be happy to send it back if they send pick up for it. They agreed and gave me a $20. gift code for my next order.

Today I get this via email:

we've received your return request!
Hi Mary,
We'll issue a credit once we receive and process your item(s).
Please follow the delivery instructions on the return confirmation to package, label, and ship your return. Need another shipping label? You can reprint your return confirmation and shipping label online.

WTF is up with this? Here I am going out of my way to do them a favor and now they say that if I send it back I will get my money back?

I have wasted enough time being honest. The guy in India said that they would call me Wed after I got the shipping label. If they do, I will immediately ask to speak to someone in authority. If they send pick up for it I will send it back. If not they can eat it. I will not drive 50 miles round trip to FedEx for their lousy $20. thank you gift.

This happened to me around Christmas time when I ordered a dehumidifier. They sent 3...yes 3! I contacted the seller and told him I'd send 2 back if he sent pick-up for them. I guess it was too much of a hassle for him. I now have dehumidifiers to last me a lifetime.

Like I said yesterday, I would have just taken it back to the store for a refund or store credit. It's their mistake, their loss, and my gain.
It's more work for them (and thinking on their part) to honor your honest, "I want to do the right thing" request.

That's not my way.
I know it's not, but don't call them morons. They're just too big of company to handle special requests like that. They're not programmed to do that.
Best thing for you to do is to take the item to your nearest Macy's customer service counter, explain the situation, and take it from there.

Last edited:
I don't have a nearest Macy's. I live in Moselle Mississippi. And if they are doing business on the internet they should know how to do it right.

If calling them morons offends you I won't call them that any more. I'll just call them incompetent.

Although there are several Macy's stores near me I haven't been inside one in well over 25 years. I don't like malls.
But for the very first time last week I took advantage of their annual Friends and Family sale and purchased several items from them over the internet. Awesome deals, as I really needed these items. Fast, free shipping too. I'll do it again next year.

I would hold onto it for a couple of months, maybe email Macys customer service, make sure they did not charge me after a couple of months and then do what RF suggested, donate it to a food bank or a needy family or a charity. Believe me I know your frustration with the Indua customer service. The company I work for sent IT to India and half the time I cannot understand them and I am very good with accents.

The end of the story...

It was decided that Macys would snail mail me a shipping label and phone me Wed. to arrange sending pick up. Instead, Monday I got an email telling me that they had received my return request and would credit my credit card once they received the item. No shipping label arrived and I got no phone call. I gave the extra one to my favorite neighbor today.

When the Broncos won the Super Bowl this year, the following morning I ordered a shirt for my wife and a hoodie for me to honor the event. I ordered from the Bronco's official store. The items from the Broncos Store arrived in a box about 2 weeks later (the delay was because they couldn't be printed up until after the results of the game were known).

The next day a different batch in a shipping bag arrived from the NFL Store. I keep waiting from them to bill me for the second shipment, but so far, nothing. Somehow the order was filled from two different locations, but only billed once.

I figure that I'm not responsible for their lack of organization. That plus the price for these is so exorbitant that I think that they had to make a profit even after sending me 2 for 1.

Recently Shrek ordered a set of stainless mixing bowls for $13, we received an $80 Farberware Percolater...we made coffee.

Back
Top Bottom