Thoughts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
You know, I have been affected this last week. I watched a couple shows on TV that affected me deeply, one about getting aid to Katrina victims, and one telling the story of those people on flight 92, back on 9-11, that saved the lives of many by fighting against hijacker terrorists who were trying to fly the aircraft into the capitol building. Then, my youngest daughter needed her dad, not to tell her what to do, but to listen and support as she is making hard choices in her life. She had to break up with her boyfriend, not because he isn't a great guy, but she has to find out who she is, and mature. She wasn't ready for a serious relationship yet, and realized it. It's very hard on both of them. And I care deeply for both of them.

Then a member was missing, and believed he wasn't missed on DC. I wrote him a fairly cold, but sobering response, stating that this site, all of us, are here because it's a conveniant place, and a place where people come and go, and don't really make tight bonds.

I was wrong. I realize now that I did miss him, and Crewsk, and many others who haven't been around for a while. I had just put up my protective shell. This last weekend has cracked that shell and allowed me to feel a bit more than I would want to feel.

Life is full of joy, and sorrow, freinds and enemies, comfort and pain. All of these things help us to grow. And if we embrace each other, then we can help when we are strong, receive help when we are weak.

I am part of this community, just as I am part of my family. I won't be cold again.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

A lovely post Goodweed. And very heartfelt, thank you for sharing yourself with us.

As to missing folks on here, just because you don't get a thread dedicated to you doesn't mean folks aren't thinking of you. And remember too, you need to put yourself out there to make connections with people. Connections are what really matter and what I think those folks who want to be missed are craving. Send a PM, share a joke, make a closer friend or two. It isn't too hard, and it isn't as scary on the boards as it is face to face.

Thanks Goodweed for setting the example of sharing yourself. Warm fuzzies to you.

I think the last couple of weeks have changed us all more than we realized - and then the commemoration of 9/11 on top of that has such a sobering effect on us. Life is so daily that we don't always take time to stop and think about others - and yet that is part of the reason we are here. I hope I can keep myself from being so bogged down in my own pursuits that I don't forget to encourage others. Sometimes all we need is a pat on the back at the right time. You have reminded us well.

Alix said:
A lovely post Goodweed. And very heartfelt, thank you for sharing yourself with us.

As to missing folks on here, just because you don't get a thread dedicated to you doesn't mean folks aren't thinking of you. And remember too, you need to put yourself out there to make connections with people. Connections are what really matter and what I think those folks who want to be missed are craving. Send a PM, share a joke, make a closer friend or two. It isn't too hard, and it isn't as scary on the boards as it is face to face.

Thanks Goodweed for setting the example of sharing yourself. Warm fuzzies to you.

i agree, goodweed. lovely post.
i didn't say anything the first time i went away. but i said something last time and i'm glad i did.

4.gif

Alix said:

Alix, will you adopt me :ROFLMAO: (I wannabe just like you when I grow up.) Or - dedicate a page to me? (j/k). Very nicely said Alix & Goodweed - right from the heart and the hip. :)

Ahh Goodweed, you said it so well.You've given me the incentive, to try not to be so wrapped up in my own little world that I forget that others might need just a "good job or nice post or and especially a thank you." You always are right on target and have well meaning posts. Thank you. From this day on, may I always try to be there for anyone who might need me. It's so easy to just take a minute and say Hi, how are you? How have you been. I've MISSED YOU!
kadesma

Goodweed, thanks for sharing your thoughts. Well said! And Alix, you always seem to know the right thing to say. kadesma, you are always here with encouragement! I love this place!!:wub:

Alix; you are soooo right. I'd love to name all of the people on this site that are tremendous in one way or another. But I haven't enough time, or memory (in my head) to get everyone listed. So instead, I offer my thanks for all of you who have really shown that you care about and support othes, and that means virtually everyone on the site. And I'm not copping out here. I do mean everyone.:mrgreen:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

GW, a big hug and thank you for reminding how very special this site is. Anyone who remembers the old FoodTV days and how aggravating it was to even make a post or express their feelings should cherish the warmth, camradarie, and genuine feelings that have blossomed on this site.

I tried to send you some karma, but was told by the karma master that I have to spread some around first!

(((((((HUGS))))))

Life is full of joy, and sorrow, freinds and enemies, comfort and pain. All of these things help us to grow. And if we embrace each other, then we can help when we are strong, receive help when we are weak.

This is so true...:) I have leaned on you all for support when I needed it and you were right there for me.

Dove said:

This is so true...:) I have leaned on you all for support when I needed it and you were right there for me.

So nicely put, Dove. And, you are right there as well, sharing life experiences & encouraging other members! This site is about more than cooking. It's a little "slice" of life. Aren't we lucky to take a "bite." :)

Back
Top Bottom