Thoughts on my Rubber Band Ball?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shnooky

Assistant Cook
Ive been quite bored at work, for example: This is a solid ball of rubber bands that started off as a marble (yes there's a marble in the center of that).
Its only taken me about 30 months and the Wallmart is down the street so that's where I get the bands.
2mgqzuv.jpg

That's a sharpy next to it for size comparison.
By the way, it does NOT bounce, it weights about 15 lbs and is extremely solid. So solid that when my boss was talking to me and we were walking to his office he put it right through his own glass desk.

Last edited:
Ive been quite bored at work, for example: This is a solid ball of rubber bands that started off as a marble (yes there's a marble in the center of that).
Its only taken me about 30 months and the Wallmart is down the street so that's where I get the bands.
2mgqzuv.jpg

That's a sharpy next to it for size comparison.
By the way, it does NOT bounce, it weights about 15 lbs and is extremely solid. So solid that when my boss was talking to me and we were walking to his office he put it right through his own glass desk.

That's a big butt rubber band ball, lol. That have rubber bands that big at Walmart? Don't ya just have the erge to get a big butchers knife and cut down the middle of it???? That's what I would do..:angel: I mean... it is a nice rubber band ball and all. It's one of the nicest I've seen.... sure is.:mrgreen:

we made one of those years ago at my old job. it was about the size of a baseball but was very dense, more like a lacrosse ball.

one day a coworker and i started to toss it backand forth on our lunch hour when he crouched down like a catcher and said "let 'er rip". i warned him that i had a pretty good fastball and he had no glove, but he challenged me again. so i reared back and slung it as hard as i could.

it went right through his hands and nailed him square on the forehead, knocking him out, and the ricochet broke a window.

when he came to, we had to help him back to his desk with a giant welt on his head which he tried to hide from our boss. lol.

fortunately, we didn't get caught but he called in sick the next day.

ahhh, the good old days.

we made one of those years ago at my old job. it was about the size of a baseball but was very dense, more like a lacrosse ball.

one day a coworker and i started to toss it backand forth on our lunch hour when he crouched down like a catcher and said "let 'er rip". i warned him that i had a pretty good fastball and he had no glove, but he challenged me again. so i reared back and slung it as hard as i could.

it went right through his hands and nailed him square on the forehead, knocking him out, and the ricochet broke a window.

when he came to, we had to help him back to his desk with a giant welt on his head which he tried to hide from our boss. lol.

ahhh, the good old days.

I am laughing! Too funny.

ahhh, the good old days.

:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

I had one going several years ago with the rubber bands from our delivered newspapers. Size of a small cantaloupe, it bounced too, then the rubber started to fall apart, and I pitched it.

The end of an era.

I like that you kept it all one color. Anyone can grab the assorted rubber bands bag...
:wacko:

When I'm bored at work, I check out DC or Facebook--but then, I am self-employed and work from home, so time spent doing something else is off-the-clock. Interesting. And, if I'm really bored, I book off and take a nap, check the chickens, walk the dog, start supper, or do laundry. Never thought to make a rubber-band ball...although I did plant a perennial flower bed on daily conference calls one year...put the phone on mute and had it on speaker incase my name came up...it never did. Figured if I was going to waste two hours a day hanging on the phone, I might as well do something...in the winter I would spin or get on my Nordic trak.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom