"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 12-29-2005, 12:28 PM   #31
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
That's great news crewsk!
Didn't take him long to find a job at all!!
The kids you'll be teaching will be lucky to have you as a sub!

Have fun!

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. Robert Frost
pdswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 12:29 PM   #32
Master Chef
Awww, that's great crewsk!! I'm happy he got a job, even with less money. Now you won't be so stressed about it. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and the New Year brings you all you need and wish for!! BTW, we love you too! We've missed you!

texasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 12:43 PM   #33
Executive Chef
So glad to hear that things are working out. We will keep hoping they get even better soon. Glad to see you back!
Be an organ donor; give your heart to Jesus.
Exercise daily; walk with the Lord.
licia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 01:34 PM   #34
Master Chef
crewsk, don't ask my why but this completely passed by me....
But I`m glad everything turned into something good at last... I wish you all the best and that you get along with everything!!!
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 02:59 PM   #35
Chef Extraordinaire
I'm so happy for you and the family.. I just had a feeling things would turn around for you..We all love you and miss you..Take care and come back to us soon.

HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 03:35 PM   #36
Chef Extraordinaire
that's good news, crewsk. Things can only get better from here! Miss you, girlfriend.
Kool Aid - Think before you drink.
mudbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 09:44 PM   #37
Master Chef

crewski, I am glad to hear that thing are going better. My mom worked at a school when my brother and I were kids. It worked out great. She made some extra $$ and was able to be home when we were out of school. The sad thing was that we could not get away with anything at school because Mom was there. My mom had spies everywhere. The minute something happened she heard about it.
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 10:03 PM   #38
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via Yahoo to middie
wow crewsk that was fast. great to see he's found something so quickly. good luck to you getting that substitute position. it'll really help you guys out alot more. you're still missed so stop in more often if you can.
middie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 03:42 AM   #39
Executive Chef
Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Hey Crewsk, that is a great news!! I am sorry that he had to work throughout Christmas, but I am sure you found the time to get your celebration in, in your case you were entitled to rearrange it to another day!! Even with 12 hour shift, 2 on 2 off sounds like reasonable enough, it is quite often that you have to rough it out for a while as a new employee, but once he proves himself, I am sure he will get a good raise that he deserves soon. I am glad that things are working out for you!! Take good care of yourself and your loved ones, keep us posted and don't be a stranger!!
urmaniac13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 07:35 AM   #40
I know how it feels! Our budget is very tight so a couple times we have had our power out and phones cut off because we didn't pay the bill (or forgot).