Tim Russert Died Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tim Russert dead at 58 years old

While cooking I was watching Fox news and this announcement came on....
''Tim Russert died today of a heart attack. He was 58.
You just never know do you...

Last edited:
There was another thread on him earlier, forgot who started it. He must have been popular, but seriously I had to Google him to find out who he was!

There was another thread on him earlier, forgot who started it. He must have been popular, but seriously I had to Google him to find out who he was!

:LOL: I was going to say exactly the same thing, without the Google.
I had never heard of him until I read he died earlier here today. I thought maybe he was a cooking personality :huh: but he must have been popular.

I quickly looked through the threads today, but didn't see one.
That's why I started it.
I didn't know who'd seen tv yet today.
I hadn't until cooking.
If this is a repeat, I'll ask the Moderators to remove or combine.

Don't worry about Lefse, no big deal!

And like Pacanis, I was thinking he must have been some sort of cooking personality as well! LOL.

I'd gone into Dead or Alive, [the web site] to read about Suzanna Pleshette when I read the person that had died an hour before was Heath Ledger and I was shocked. Someone had already posted that on here.
Again, just thought some people that are more into the political news that hadn't heard it would want to know. I looked again and still don't see the other thread.

Sorry, don't mean anything against him, I just don't follow the news much, and even then only online and mostly independent news sources. The other stuff is just too depressing. I did read what I Googled on him, looks like he also had a couple of books out as well, a rather well accomplished person.

For those of you who have never heard of Tim Russert, TIME magazine earlier this year named him one of the 100 Most Influential People in the WORLD.

An astute and impartial reporter and interviewer, he presided over NBC's Meet the Press for more than two decades. You couldn't watch an important election's returns without seeing his round, cheery face and red curly hair on the screen.

imho the upcoming election season will not be "right" without him.

Rest in Peace.

I watch Sunday Morning, on sundays, 9am-10:30am, CBS. Tim would be on from 10:30 to 11 am on Meet the Press.
He was an interesting man to watch and never any favoritism. Sorry for his family & our election coverage this fall.​

I'd gone into Dead or Alive, [the web site] to read about Suzanna Pleshette when I read the person that had died an hour before was Heath Ledger and I was shocked. Someone had already posted that on here.
Again, just thought some people that are more into the political news that hadn't heard it would want to know. I looked again and still don't see the other thread.
what is address of dead or alive??did deadoralive.com and then net. both about some sort of band.

what did she die from?

babe

Who is Suzzane Pleshette? Am I living in a cave or something I don't know who these people are??
Here is the link to the other Tim thread:
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/tim-russert-died-today-47133.html

Apparently so :) Suzanne Pleshette played Bob Newhart's wife on "The Bob Newhart Show," in the 1970s. She died in January.

We skip local news, but usually watch NBC Nightly News and DH almost always watches "Meet the Press" on Sundays (it's on at 9 a.m. here). I will really miss his commentary regarding the election. I feel terrible for his family - one day they're vacationing together in Italy, the next he dies of a heart attack at work. No warning at all.

Back
Top Bottom