Timeloyd's posts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

QSis

Washing Up
Well, you are never too old to learn.

I "googled" some of the names Timeloyd puts in his posts, to see what the ...??

Came up with a whole world, unknown to me, of something called "Fanfiction", where people write fictional stories about their favorite characters in games, TV shows, movies, books, etc. and post them on various internet forums, among other places.

Evidently, Timeloyd is a fan of these characters http://www.furinkan.com/ranma/intro/index.html

LOL!

Lee

LOL Lee ... Timeloyd is a conundrum wrapped in an enigma ... or is he a constipate in need of an enema ... or someone who needs to get out and mingle with humans in the real world a little more often ... but if nothing else definately a sci-fi buff with a major bend toward BBC programming.

"Peter Parker" is Spider-Man ... Timeloyd, I can only assume, is a play on the title of Time Lord (from Dr. Who) and the "pan galactic" (always have your towel handy, etc) stuff is from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Most of us humans are most comfortable traveling at a probablilty factor of 1:1 - and Timeloyd is more comfortable traveling in the realm of the Bistromathic Drive (which superceeded the Infinate Improbability Drive) and is based on the math used by waiters used in restaurants.

Michael, exactly what I would have said, if I knew what you said, if I had any idea of what you are talking about.

LOL.

To break it down to the simplest terms Dot .....

If you go into a diner and order a cup of tea and two slices of dry toast ... using the probability factor of 1:1 you should be served within 5-6 minutes. Of course, we all know that this is not probable - so to expect it within a probable timeframe is actually delving into the Improbability factor - aka it's improbably that it will show up with a reasonable amount of time.

Now, since it is dependent on the math used by waiters used in restaurants to calculate time and distance .... how long ago you placed your order and how near you are to the serving window (a random chaos number at best) is totally insignificant. This brings us to the theory of the Bistromathic Drive. When sitting in a Bistro after having placed your order - time becomes lost - chaotic - and the waiters shift into a parallel time dimension resembling Improbability - but although it may seem improbable to take 30-minutes - it is perfectly predictable by the Bistromathic Drive theory.

Does that make it any easier to understand?

Absolutely.

BUT - what about The Doctor's sonic screwdriver? That MUST be of some help!

i love tl's posts. (hey, ya gotta give a newbie that garners so much attention credit)

i'd rather a recipe with lots of sci-fi references and name dropping than a dry, boring, "my way is the only way to prepare it" recipe.

one question tho. can you smell bacon frying in the void of space?

Thanks for the clarification Michael.

I knew I should not have cut that class when I was in college.

Sigh.

With all due apoligies to the memoriy of Robert Heinlein, I really do not grok all this to the fullest.

But since this is a cooking forum, I will bring up my favorite Twilight Zone episode 'How to Serve Man'.

Recipes would not be appreciated, LOL.

Back
Top Bottom