"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-02-2006, 10:52 AM   #1
Executive Chef

Timing!

Seems it always happens! When you want to try to keep positive attitude about life in general and a new year, bad news happens. Got call last night around 10 that a good friend's mother just passed away. She was suffering so in a sense it was a blessing. I just feel so down about the family. You ask for acceptance and only time will allow it. I am the type of person who wants to save the world from pain. Causes some to become indifferent and hateful. Beating a dog on regular basis finally affects him in adverse way too. I relate most things to my dogs. Maybe they help me get past heartache. I know that if you reach out for strength from a higher power you do find a supernatural peace. Trying to tell someone this doesn't seem to help much. The secret is asking for peace before the time happens. Hope my faith will continue in the coming year and that I will be able to know all things happen for our good. Thanks for your time and prayers.

Old 01-02-2006, 11:54 AM   #2
Everymom

ITK, I'm sorry to hear about your friends Mom. I hope they find some peace soon.

Old 01-02-2006, 03:11 PM   #3
Executive Chef

Thanks Alix

I do appeciate your comments. What is sad, is friend is only child. That really bothers me. No one knows how she really feels. Friends are always there to hear you but sometimes family are ones you really can tell how you feel and not care if you aren't good sport about it. Just different kind of relationship. Thankful I have family whether they care or not they listen to me sometimes.
Old 01-02-2006, 03:58 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
I"m sorry.
Prayers have been said for all of you.
Old 01-02-2006, 05:15 PM   #5
Executive Chef

pdswife

Thanks. There is stength in prayer. No matter how many lift up their needs they are all heard. Sure consider your thoughts. Thanks and may your receive favor in return.