Timothy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snip 13

Master Chef
Morning to all my old DC friends. I'm finally back online and I'm afraid I'm going to have to start my posts on a sad note. Not sure if anyone is aware of it but our dear friend Timothy passed away in his sleep in February. If there are any messages that you would like me to pass on to his sister please PM them to me.

To a dear friend and great man..
You will always be in my thoughts and sorely missed.
Thank you for all the laughs and making me smile when I felt lost.
Most of all thank you for a wonderful friendship and for being you.

Wow, I'm kind of shocked.
I'm so sorry. He will be missed. Please tell his sister how much he contributed to our community and how much we liked him.
My thoughts are with his family.

OMG. I am sitting here with tears. Please pass along my condolences. We had so many private emails between us. I am so sorry I didn't save them. I missed hearing from him.

Snip, can you tell us how you found out? :(

I am so sorry to hear this. I had hoped he'd be back telling us about his experiences with his hydroponic gardening. Please tell his sister how much he has been missed and will continued to be missed. I was looking forward to asking him more about homemade tofu.

That's terrible news!

I had wondered what happened to him. He just sort of dropped off the forum. He seemed like a very passionate individual, so I just thought that perhaps he was upset about something and taking a sabbatical.

I didn't know him well, but please pass along my condolences.

OMG. I am sitting here with tears. Please pass along my condolences. We had so many private emails between us. I am so sorry I didn't save them. I missed hearing from him.

Snip, can you tell us how you found out? :(

Hi Addie
Tim and I were good friends, we spoke every day. When I didn't hear from him I kept sending emails asking what happened. His sister contacted me with the bad news. I was horrified. She said he went peacefully in his sleep though. I really am going to miss him terribly.

This is just so sad. Please share my condolences, Snip. Thanks for following up.

Thank you Snip. It is nice to know he had such a good friend along with the rest of us that knew him. :)

Oh what sad news! Like Steve, I had hoped that his absence had a temporary meaning but I think this was in the back of many of our minds. I know he missed his deceased wife very much and I hope they are together again. He was such bright, interesting and articulate part of Discuss Cooking, and he will be sorely missed.

Snip, we have certainly all missed you also and so glad to see you again.
Welcome home!

Not to be disrespectful of how saddened we all are to hear this, but one of the things I learned when a friend's husband passed away quite suddenly at the age of 57 is to make sure you have an index card with all your passwords and lists, forums, etc., to which you belong so s/one can remove your accounts and also let on-line friends know. I have several PMs from Timothy. I hope he's working the hydroponic garden where he is now. He was so excited about getting that up and running this spring. And I hope s/one is taking care of both his cats--the outdoor one and the indoor one. So sad.

Snip,
Thank you for letting us know about Tim.
Please give my deepest condolences to his sister for me. Tim was a very kind hearted person. He will be sorely missed around here.

On a side note:
The Bravillian Cult we recruited him into will always have his seat reserved. It was a blast for me to see how he and so many more of us, some that I never would have thought would buy one, actually did.We had good times sharing recipes and tricks with that pie maker.

Here's the start of his induction. He loved that thing. http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f40/brevilles-personal-pie-68574-28.html

He will be missed.

Munky.

my worst fears confirmed...tim brought a rich banquet of delights to our dc table every single day. he offered sweet generous compassion to anyone suffering, unhappy or ill. tim was constantly spinning out new threads with his own special dishes and recipes, offering his personal bend of flavors, ideas and opinions he shared so openly with us. i'll long remember his unique sense of humor--squirrels defiantly scrubbing their little armpits--hilarious stuff like that--stories about his beloved cats and their quirky ways...his own inimitable, lovable, quirky ways...tim, i'm so sorry to lose you--miss you man...............

tim was an interesting guy. a bit of a pain the ass at times, but that was because he was such a passionate guy. he didn't just chat about passing interests; he'd talk, and joke, and debate and argue many things because he really loved everything that interested him.

he really lived.

he has been and will continue to be missed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom