Tired of tailoring meals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
jake wants food i don't like kinda often. plus, now his tooth hurts, so he wants foods he can chew prepared instead of seeing a dentist.

that is not my problem to deal with, it's his.

i understand compromise. what i don't like is cooking "his" meals when i cook dinner & neglegting my love of fancy foods, or vegetarian meals, or steaks.

later i want a vegetarian meal of a portabello sammich & lentil soup. & i'm asserting that. he can eat that or he can cook his own dinner.

is that just me, or is cooking fer 2 or more a problem fer others...:ermm:

My DH is pretty easy and will go with just about anything I cook. There are very few things I cook that he does not like. I don't mind cooking something special for him as long as it does not take me to far out of the way of my original menu. But if you don't like what I'm cooking, don't eat it. Fix your own meals. Buy jake some baby food... see what happens! LOL!

My wife has always been extremely thankful for anything I have ever cooked. She has never complained about anything I have cooked, even when dinner came out lousy. I am very lucky to have her.

I remember as a child , even if we ate the same thing, it would have to be prepared differently. For chinese, I was a vegetarian so i ate only the vegetables, but couldnt touch the meat so it had to be prepared separately. My sister only ate the meat, not the vegetables, my mother was always on a diet so had to be steamed and my brother and father ate everything. With baked mac and cheese, My sister liked tuna fish in it, american cheese and n mushrooms. I liked mushrooms, no tuna and cheddar, my mother ( on the diet) had cottage cheese and a banana and my brother and father had cheddar, tuna and mushrooms.

Now that im the cook in the family, i face the same thing. My two kids wont eat the same thing, and they both dont eat what we are eating so i am always preparing 3 different meals each night. The good thing though, is that they usually eat crap that can be prepared quickly or microwaved ... My wfe and I have the more exotic prepared dinner.

there are maybe onlye 2 or three dinners that we all eat the same thing ( pizza, veggie burgers ( but with different toppings of course), veggie hot dogs

I come from the old school, eat what is served me and be thankful for that. Recently some near homeless reletives moved in and boy are they picky. They eat out most the time even thou they are poor. We had company and they would'nt drink regular coffee they brought there own and own coffee pot. I can't figure it our either. Roy

That is pretty rude Llmaso, about the guests bringing their own coffee pot. I'd clutter the kitchen with everything I had and say sorry, no room! And if they ask to put it somewhere else in the house, say, I'm not having a coffee machine spilling somewhere else in the house!

i'll present him with mushed veggies & paste 'o beef tonite!:-pgreat work, sattie! love it!

Glad to be of service my dear! One should be so fortunate to have such a caring partner to cook for you!

:-pwell, i was supposed to to mix my prilosec with babyfood, so i've plenty of apricots with mixed fruit!:-p

:) Luvs, tell him to get his behind to the dentist. When you have a tooth ache it's for a reason and could turn into something much worse than it is now.. If he still wont go it's not your problem to make him a special meal. Show him where the oatmeal and cereal is :LOL:

I have to say that my DH is not a very adventurous eater. He grew up on a farm in Idaho and is a pretty basic eater. Having said that, he WILL eat just about anything I serve him, but sometimes less enthusiastically. Yes, it has a bit of a dampening effect on my meal planning, so I do understand what you're talking about. And speaking of taking your own coffee pot, we actually did that to some friends at Christmas. We were invited to a dessert and wine open house. Since we don't really drink dessert wines, we brought some coffee along with the English Trifle we contributed. The hostess was a little offended, but we had recently had some coffee at her house and it was really really weak and had an "off" taste. We like fresh, strong, robust coffee with real cream and sugar, so we just brought our own in a thermos pitcher. Oh oh. I guess it was probably the wrong thing to do..........

Well MK-I have a similar problem in that I have a 7 year old grandson who hates everything - save for Kraft mac n' cheese and hot dogs. I can occasionally get broccoli or cauliflower down him if I drown it in Velveeta. As time goes on, he's slowly getting better, and I've taken to making him milk shakes in the evening to try and put a little weight on him!!

I feel your pain. My mom was right-cooking for the family is like running a short order restaraunt!!

I take requests, I ask for them, but I rarely get them.

I won't make anyone a separate meal. I grew up eating what I was served and thats it.

If you can't speak up you get what you get.

when i have guests, i try to make something i know they will like. i only cook for myself otherwise, so eat what i want.

when i was raising a family, they ate what was served to them. their dad was meat and potatoes which was easy but boring.

when i grew up house rule was one bite of each thing on the table. now i eat most anything. my grown kids are much more daring than their dad was.

i was their mom, not their maid or short order cook.

babe:chef:

When I was a kid, there was rarely a time that someone got something different for dinner to the rest of the family, sometimes an extra side but not often.

Definitely tell him to make his own!

Or... Make him something really chewy (but really tasty too) so that he loses his tooth and can just get over with it!! LOL

I take requests, I ask for them, but I rarely get them.

I won't make anyone a separate meal. I grew up eating what I was served and thats it.

If you can't speak up you get what you get.

Suzi, my thoughts exactly. But, when I'm in Virginia, he's only too glad to have someone else cook. He'll eat anything I make.:)

Back
Top Bottom