Tis' (almost) the season..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can not tolerate Christmas music of any kind. I lost the love of my life during the holiday season and it brings back to many bad memories. I can't wait till all of the ho,ho hos are gone from the sean. Yes I am very bitter and a first class grinch.
Aww Dave, you may have trouble with Christmas music, but you are no grinch, my friend. (I know personally you are the spirit of Christmas all year long - being Jewish notwithstanding.;))

I adore Christmas specifically because of the music. I sang in church as a child and was always in choirs so I know most of them by heart and they bring back all sorts of memories. My father died Christmas morning almost 4 years ago and I was afraid it would make the music painful for me but it hasn't. It's a good thing because Christmas music is kinda like Prozac for me! It keeps me smiling when the season gets crazy!

Sorry, I hate that song:angel: Should have bought her a dress or earrings or SOMETHING other than shoes.
Have you seen the movie? The movie explains why he bought shoes. It and Christmas Vacation are the only holiday movies I can watch. I really, essentially, hate Christmas, but there are pieces of it I don't.

My family basically hates celebrations - birthdays, holidays and especially that big nuisance that comes at the end of December. I love them all (my family of course, but mostly the holidays). I love what Christmas stands for, not all the hype around it. DH's family is somewhere in the middle on all of it so there is some hope there, but I am really looking forward to the day when DH and I can just do our own thing and celebrate in our own way. Does that seem heartless?

My family basically hates celebrations - birthdays, holidays and especially that big nuisance that comes at the end of December. I love them all (my family of course, but mostly the holidays). I love what Christmas stands for, not all the hype around it. DH's family is somewhere in the middle on all of it so there is some hope there, but I am really looking forward to the day when DH and I can just do our own thing and celebrate in our own way. Does that seem heartless?

nope, and if they don't like it, don't do it with them. what's the fun in that.
my daughter always says she hates christmas, but it is the cost she hates. i talked her into making her homemade jam for gifts. that seems to help her purse and her attitude.

babe :cool:

Back
Top Bottom