To All DC members in Hawaii

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Restless N8tiv

Assistant Cook
I hope everyone is doing well after the 6.5 earthquake over the weekend. I heard there was no power for much of the day Sunday so most people used their grill/bbq to cook. Would have been a good time to use all the helpful tips learned from the forum :LOL:

Anyway, my well-wishes to all the kama'ainas (local people) of Hawaii.

Aunty Wasabi, hope everyone in your 'Ohana are okay.

Restless

I hope the Earthquake in Hawaii didn't do much harm to our DC members. Wasabi hope you are okay - I know the power was out most of the day.

Let us know when you can how are you doing and I hope your family is also okay.

Restless, your Ohana must have told you some good stories about how they spent their day without electricity. Yes, lots of bbq going on. We all had to clean out our freezers.

Aunty,

Glad to hear everyone in your 'Ohana are okay. My sister told me some good stories of how they passed the time when there was no electricity. All the kids and grandkids went over to my parent's house and had a little bbq party. My parents enjoyed the day because the grandkids filled the house with laughter and smiles.

I also heard about the weather you guys are having....hot, humid and vog (what is that anyway?). Maybe some of the cool weather we are having in NorCal will head your way and bring some relief to the kama'ainas.

Restless

Restless,

Is that a picture of you and your wife? Beautiful! If you don't mind, tell our pals here about that picture. I love how you and your family are keeping the Hawaiian culture alive so far from home. Shaka Brada
img_342185_0_c356669ae0a1885e48e5c1d85788b202.gif

Sorry I took so long to relpy on this one.....work has been really hectic. In the picture, we have on the Tahitian clothing. We had a performance that day and so the picture was taken prior to our Tahitian performance.

Both my wife and I grew up in Hawaii so the culture was instilled in us at an early age. We are "Hawaiians at heart" so it was only fitting that we keep the culture alive even though we are far from Hawaii. Our hula halau (hula school) has been around since 1997 and still growing.

So, even though we are from far home, we are still spreading the aloha here in the Bay Area. Like saying goes, "Live Aloha and spread a little of love around the world".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom