To All My DC Friends

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phinz

Head Chef
3135777308_2e7e11ab9c_o.jpg

Season's greetings to you!
Interesting.....Yul Brenner as a racer.
I got an interesting story about Tide sponsorship.
I met a guy at Richmond Raceway a number of years ago. At the time Darrell Waltrip was sponsored by Tide. I said to this guy, "Well, nice to see another Earnhardt fan!"
He looked at me and in a puzzled voice he asked, "What in the world are you talking about?"
I pointed at his Tide T shirt and said, " T-I-D-E....The Incredible Dale Earnhardt".
He looked down at his shirt and then said. "Holy Mackerel....I never thought about that!"
I saw him later and he had a different shirt on; a Darrell Waltrip shirt. Apparently he had gone to a souvenir trailer and bought it soon after our exchange. I laughed and told him it was all in fun. He laughed and said he was glad I had point it out to him. A short while later, this same guy started working at the paper mill where I worked. We became good friends and still have a laugh about that T shirt.

Season's greetings to you!
Interesting.....Yul Brenner as a racer.
I got an interesting story about Tide sponsorship.
I met a guy at Richmond Raceway a number of years ago. At the time Darrell Waltrip was sponsored by Tide.

My eye doctor's brother (also an eye doctor in the same office) owns one of those cars now. :cool:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom