"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-19-2014, 12:38 AM   #21
Sous Chef
 
CrazyCatLady's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NC
Posts: 532
Cat called today from Dublin, Ireland. None of their computers work because of the voltage difference there. She ended up at some computer place buying new dual-voltage power cords for every computer while everyone else was out sightseeing.

She finally grabbed a cab and caught up with them, and sent me a text that said this:

"They had BEST be very happy with me of this stunt!"

LOL! Problem solved!

I read some of your messages to her during the call, and she said to tell all of you that she loves you, and you're always in her heart, and she can't wait to try your recipes with The Gizzi during Catina II's sea trials.

Where can I find these recipes?
__________________

__________________
Adopt a kitty and save nine lives.
CrazyCatLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 04:48 AM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCatLady View Post
Cat called today from Dublin, Ireland. None of their computers work because of the voltage difference there. She ended up at some computer place buying new dual-voltage power cords for every computer while everyone else was out sightseeing.

She finally grabbed a cab and caught up with them, and sent me a text that said this:

"They had BEST be very happy with me of this stunt!"

LOL! Problem solved!

I read some of your messages to her during the call, and she said to tell all of you that she loves you, and you're always in her heart, and she can't wait to try your recipes with The Gizzi during Catina II's sea trials.

Where can I find these recipes?
Catina 1929 - 2014; Our Fishing Vessel

__________________

__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 01:52 PM   #23
Sous Chef
 
CrazyCatLady's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NC
Posts: 532
Aha! Thank you!
__________________
Adopt a kitty and save nine lives.
CrazyCatLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 01:03 AM   #24
Sous Chef
 
CrazyCatLady's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NC
Posts: 532
She and Carl are married now as of July 4. Crap, our little girl is all grown up.

It seems just yesterday she was just 16...so much has happened, and she has become such a precious lady. From what I have heard, she loves you all and she wishes all her DC friends the best.

My goodness, I miss her bouncing in and out of our house, and I miss visiting her. She and Carl are really happy and they will return to Constanta on Tuesday for Catina II's sea trials.

That will be really interesting!
__________________
Adopt a kitty and save nine lives.
CrazyCatLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 01:09 AM   #25
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,291
Can't wait for the sea trials and pictures of Catina II!
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 02:21 AM   #26
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,934
CCL, please send them my congratulations next time you talk to Cat! Tell her that plans for our vow renewal ceremony are going well.

I too want pictures - of the wedding and the Catina II!
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 02:55 AM   #27
Sous Chef
 
CrazyCatLady's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NC
Posts: 532
This family is awfully private...I'm not sure about any pics. I'll ask her Mamma but I don't think she'll ever allow pics on the Internet.

It took me four YEARS to prove myself to her parents. This family is really, really, different.
__________________
Adopt a kitty and save nine lives.
CrazyCatLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 04:01 AM   #28
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,934
It is understandable that they don't want pictures on the internet. I am very careful about the pictures I choose to show.
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 04:04 AM   #29
Sous Chef
 
CrazyCatLady's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NC
Posts: 532
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
CCL, please send them my congratulations next time you talk to Cat! Tell her that plans for our vow renewal ceremony are going well.

I too want pictures - of the wedding and the Catina II!
I'll tell her, but when is this going to happen? Soon, I hope!

Hubby and I want to renew our vows too, and we'll do it someday.
__________________
Adopt a kitty and save nine lives.
CrazyCatLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 04:12 AM   #30
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCatLady View Post
I'll tell her, but when is this going to happen? Soon, I hope!

Hubby and I want to renew our vows too, and we'll do it someday.
Oh, Cat knows about it. It is happening on August 23rd. I will be pulling up my thread on it in the next day or so as arrangements are really coming together.
__________________

__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.