To all our Southern families

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
If your in any of the southern states, stay safe!!
I've been watching live streaming news on N. Carolina's Fox 8 that is showing Alabama. Those storms are going east and are not friendly at all!!
My prayers are with the families and students at Enterprise High School in Enterprise Alabama that may be trapped in the gym. They have comfirmed 8 deaths so far for the city. Not saying it was from the high school, just that it was within the city. Prayers going out to everyone in the way of these storms!!

They have now said that the 8 are from the high school. There are 13 in Alabama so far. These storms are really bad out there.

Wow, that really is sad. They said it looked like they droped a bomb on the high school - and the students were still inside? Wow...

That same storm system came through here this AM. Some tornadic activity and damage but no deaths. This is a dangerous time of the year for the deep south...Thanks texasgirl for bringing this to our attention..I can't imagine what those familys are going through...lift them up everyone!!

I've heard alot about this on our news today as well. I hope our DC friends are safe! Cant imagine what it's like to have a tornado rip through your house/school/neighborhood.

We have these storm warnings at our back door. And the blizzard warnings are at the front door.
We had a freak hail storm yesterday (pea size hail), thunderstorms all night and most of the morning. Then sunshine & 55F & calm winds ????
Now it is 36F and the high wind alerts are gone. NOW the wind has really started blowing. I don't know what direction it is coming from because I have a lot of the neighbors' outside stuff in my yard.
If we get the snow, maybe two will show up to claim their plastic snow shovels! And of all things, tomorrow is garbage collection day!
It just stinks being on the chalk line between these two forces.

:angel: I pray for those who have lived through these horrible storms and pray for the comfort of those who did not.

We are under a tornado watch until 5:00 tomorrow morning and a flood watch until 1:00 tomorrow afternoon.

:ermm: Barbara

Our flood watch ended at 12:30 this morning but like Barbara, the tornado watch was until 5AM. I didn't get much sleep last night due to the wind, thunder, & lightning. My prayers go out to those in Alabama!

Back
Top Bottom