To iron out all of life's wrinkles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My first good job after college in the 80s was with Ross Perot's Electronic Data Systems (EDS). The dress code was very strict, especially if you were in direct contact with customers. Blue, black or grey business suit, crisply pressed white or light blue dress shirt, silk tie with the EDS Windsor knot with dimple in the center. Black dress shoes.

I ironed a lot of shirts when money was too tight to have them laundered and pressed. Back then, I bought a new car every year, so money was often tight. Let's just say I did not find ironing relaxing. But it was the price I paid for those cars. :cool::rolleyes::LOL:

CD

Last edited:
If something is wrinkly it goes back in the dryer with a damp hand towel.

Our new dryer (LG) has a steam setting... I don't think we've had any need to use steam yet, but it might come in handy some day. We used to have a hand steamer, but I don't think that came back from the Bahamas when we moved back here.

I used to iron a couple of shirts about once a year and hated every second. To me it was a tedious chore, and I mostly tended to make wrinkles even more permanent than they were before I started. I can't remember the last time I touched an iron.

My wife uses one a couple of times a year, mostly when we have guests for dinner and she has to press the creases out of a tablecloth that has spent the last couple of years in a drawer. Since she retired 5 years ago, her wardrobe no longer involves much ironing. Being a dedicated blue collar type of guy, mine never did.

Last edited:
Isn't there a way to fold clothes and just put something heavy on them to get out the wrinkles? Supposed to be an old college trick.

Just the same, the only wrinkles I want to iron out these days are the ones on my face.

When I was working, after my wife passed away, i had to iron my dress shirts.
I found the best wasy was to mix up a batch of Pisco sours, put some Wagner on the stereo, and iron away:)

Back
Top Bottom