To my DC Family and Friends

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
DC is a place where none of us can see each other, or touch each other, except in the purest sense, through our minds and thoughts. That frees us to be closer to each other, to be more open, if we so choose, without worry of ridicule, or little power clicks, etc. We are able to express ourselves because of a certain anonimity, (sp) that we aren't usually afforded in our regular world. Though we don't have some of the visual cues provided by body-language, we also aren't misread because of tonal differences in the voice, or the wrong facial expression, that can often time be misread.

Because of that freedom, and the honesty it inspires, I feel a trust and bond with many here, all who I know in fact. And there are far too many of you to wish good things to on a personal basis. I have a select few "brothers" and you know who you are. But we are all family here.

And so, I wish each and every one of you a great new year, and a belated Merry Christmas.

This past year has seen exciting and wonderful events, and heartbreak in our community. Through it all, we have been there for each other, just as I know we are for our own families outside of DC. Thank you all for being a part of humanity that makes the world a better place in which to live.

This, from the bottom of my heart.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I've only been a member for less than a month, but GOD BLESS YOU!

Your post touches my heart, and I so look forward to DC in 2009. I, also, thank everyone here for all your welcomes, smiles, and humor.

Happy New Year,

Janine

DC is a place where none of us can see each other, or touch each other, except in the purest sense, through our minds and thoughts. That frees us to be closer to each other, to be more open, if we so choose, without worry of ridicule, or little power clicks, etc. We are able to express ourselves because of a certain anonimity, (sp) that we aren't usually afforded in our regular world. Though we don't have some of the visual cues provided by body-language, we also aren't misread because of tonal differences in the voice, or the wrong facial expression, that can often time be misread.

Because of that freedom, and the honesty it inspires, I feel a trust and bond with many here, all who I know in fact. And there are far too many of you to wish good things to on a personal basis. I have a select few "brothers" and you know who you are. But we are all family here.

And so, I wish each and every one of you a great new year, and a belated Merry Christmas.

This past year has seen exciting and wonderful events, and heartbreak in our community. Through it all, we have been there for each other, just as I know we are for our own families outside of DC. Thank you all for being a part of humanity that makes the world a better place in which to live.

This, from the bottom of my heart.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Thank you, Robert. You said it perfectly.

Without DC my life would be empty. My DC family was truly a source of support and love when Buck died in June. I couldn't have made it through his death without all of you.

In the ensuing weeks/months you all have put your arms around me and given me your strong, broad shoulders. There are no words to express how grateful I am for that.

The wisdom, information and humor this family offers is second to none. Buck always said this was the premier site on the Internet. He couldn't have been more right.

Thanks to all...established and new...who are members of Discuss Cooking. You are the cream of the crop.

I could find no place else that could possibly compare!!(not that I looked)
Theres no place like home!!

{{{Love you guys!!}}}}

Thanks for expressing what so many of us feel, GW. We are a community. I feel so grateful to be a part of it. Thanks to all of you for the good ideas, the encouragement, the laughter, the tears, the genuine love and support that I have experienced this year through DC. I look forward to a good 2009 with all of you, as well as those who are lucky enough to find us in the months ahead.

Amen to that GW... the feeling is mutual and echoed back out to the wonderful people here at DC.

Ahh GW,
having been a recipient of the love and caring of this cyber family. I agree with you fully..Your posts have always touched me and made me stop and think..All of you here had a large part in my recovery from serious illness..Without all of you I don't know if I would have made it..Now it's my turn to be here for any of you who need me...How lucky we are to have found each other. May this new year ahead bring us peace and love and the power to give and help each other as we have done before..Just remember we cannot see each other so if unsure about a certain post PM that person, get to know them, once you do and know their sense of humor and wit life here will be a lot more fun and you can reach out to one and all without fear
Love to you all
cj (kadesma)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, too, GW, and everyone else at DC.

Alcooliques11.gif

(clinking glasses with kitchenelf)

GW, you are one of the ones that make this place so nice!! I hope for a more peaceful and happy new year for everyone!!
img_756775_0_305a5c7645c9f87c8e1155f8d1f334d3.gif

cheers.gif

I am really toasting with coffee, its too early for brewskis. Prospero ano to you all in 2009.

{{{hugging monitor}}}

gee gw, you're right. it's not the same as the real thing. although, it is kinda square, but really warm.

wow, maybe it is a lot like you...

(lol, you didn't think i could resist one last shot in '08, did you?)

here's another wish for a happy and healthy new year to everyone.

{{{hugging monitor}}}

gee gw, you're right. it's not the same as the real thing. although, it is kinda square, but really warm.

wow, maybe it is a lot like you...

(lol, you didn't think i could resist one last shot in '08, did you?)

here's another wish for a happy and healthy new year to everyone.

Wish you were here my friend. I have lots of snow and right now, you'd be wearing it down the back of your shirt.:ROFLMAO: But that's ok. I have a whole new year to getcha back.:LOL: And I hope you will keep me posted on the great times you're having with your boy.

Oh, and by the way, I'm much more round these days than square (heavy sigh). Now don't get me wrong, I'm not rotund or anything like that, just larger around the waist than I'd like to admit.:ohmy:

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, Well Said GW!!

Over the past year, I've participated in dozens of forums on a variety of subjects, but DC is the only one I'm still with. You hit it right on the head-the dynamic of the friendships here is one that allows us to cast aside our masks and be who we really are, without fear or reprecussions.

Speaking for myself, I'll be here a long time. Heres wishing everyone a healthy, happy and prosperous New Year.

Thank you for letting me be myself. I don't know what I'd do without you!!

Back
Top Bottom