To our book lovers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wasabi

Executive Chef
Have you read "Memoirs of a Geisha" and are you planning to see the movie? I did and I am.

It's been on my list to read forever... but I haven't done it yet.
I'm not sure if I'll see the movie or not.

Yes, read the book so many years ago that I've already forgotten the story. I'll watch the movie because I like Ziyi Zhang and Ken Watanabe who play the lead roles.

I read the book many years ago and completely forgot the entire plot until I picked it up and read it recently. I'd like to see the movie but probably won't get around to it until it comes out on dvd. It will be strange to see Ziyi Zhang and Michelle Yeoh in a movie without kung fu in it.

I read the book, and throughly enjoyed it (I think I cried in parts, I'm such a softie when it comes to tear-jerking moments). I even recall that a woman I vaguely knew at the time who liked it so much she dressed as a Geisha for Halloween that year!

I am so out of the loop that I did not even know there was a movie in the works, I would definately like to see it when it gets to the theaters. Thanks for the Hollywood scope Wasabi

Have you all read the Time Travelers Wife by Audrey Niffenger (I think that is her name?)? I hear that will be made into a movie as well but they haven't started yet. I highly recommend this book, especially if you like geisha. I think htc has read it as well but I never found out what she thought about it...but you will not be disappointed!

wasabi...., okay, i had started to read this one book, but i think it was called, 'a giesha, a life.' excellent reading. one of those books you don't want to stop reading.
i'm so interested in the book you recommended. maybe i'll go to the store and get a copy if i go out tonite.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom