Today's "Preakness!"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
We're not horse racing "people" but, since we live in Kentucky, we always watch the Kentucky Derby. Did that two weeks ago and had a great time watching Big Brown win handsomely.

Just for fun we usually watch the remaining two races toward the Triple Crown.

Today we watched the Preakness. Omigosh!!!! What a race! Big Brown was just as impressive as he was in the Derby. At midpoint in the race, I was on my feet!! Our poor little kitten, Sally, thought mommy had lost her mind.

Did anyone else see the race? Hey, Dave in Maryland? Did you? It was at Pimlico.

I think there may be a Triple Crown winner for the first time in 30 years.

Go Big Brown!!!!

They still race horses?

j/k we have a horse racing track about 6 blocks from our house. We keep saying one of these days we will go, still haven't. I think it would be neat to watch.

Katie, as someone who likes to watch horses run around an oval, and maybe, occasionally, bet a dollar or two on them, I have to say that this may be the year of a Triple Crown winner.

What tipped me off was the fact that only, I believe, one other horse that ran in the Derby went to the Preakness. Horse racing is a business and if eighteen other trainers with horses in the Derby thought they could beat Big Brown in the Preakness, they might have shipped them to Maryland.

But they did not.

Now he has put away another flock of horses that were garnered from somewhere. Maybe a few from the Preakness will go to the Belmont, or maybe not.

Where they are going to find horses to run against him, I have no idea.

This seems to me the best chance of a three race winner in many years.

But nothing is guaranteed in horse racing. I would not bet on Big Brown - I hate short odds. But I don't think I would bet against him. It will be, I hope, an interesting race.

Yep, auntdot, I think Big Brown's performance in the Derby is what kept some of the Derby horses out of the Preakness. I'm sure the same will be true of the Belmont Stakes. It should be an interesting race. Hasn't been a Triple Crown winner in 30 years. I'll definitely be watching.

Back
Top Bottom