"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
View Poll Results: Toilet paper flap - Front or back?
Flap is in the front 41 89.13%
Flap is in the back 5 10.87%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-02-2008, 06:10 PM   #41
Master Chef

doesn't work well here.........the paper is nice and crispy and will come right off the roll if you do the table cloth snapping action.... just great for a case of hemorrhoids......so I have a container of diaper wipes sitting nearby........btw I put my toilet paper rolls with the paper in the back........sorry if it's uncouth if but I also am owned by 4 cats and they are very adept at unrolling them..........sorry probably more info than you want to hear.....:):)

Old 10-02-2008, 06:28 PM   #42
Master Chef

my daughter once owned a prairie dog........she named him Mercuchio (after the Shakespearean character) and the rest of us called him Damian the Devil).....man that was one mean rascal......there's sometimes a good reason why people give away an animal freely and willingly.......he was a terrible biter and caused nerve damage in my husband's finger.........I'll never forget the night that I was already in bed asleep and I heard this blood curdling scream.......my br is on the first floor, the door is closed, two fans and an ac are on and I hear this and I'm scared right out of the bed..........I run upstairs and sitting in front of my son's well "family jewels" is Damian........I don't blame Chris for screaming...the biter was inches away from possibly emasculating him...I ran and got a laundry basket and we trapped the little monster........I'm sure this poor thing had been mistreated early in his life but only my daughter could handle him without getting bitten...he loved her unconditionally without ever biting her.........what happened to him? well, they have bad eyesight apparently and he got out of his cage one night and fell off the 2nd floor.......I watched it and he kept running......a few days later he went to that great prairie in the sky..........believe me........he was NOT mourned by any of us except my daugther.......poor thing.......I hear that most of them have great dispositions but this one did not..........probably abused in some way......or a mental breakdown......

Old 10-02-2008, 06:31 PM   #43
Master Chef

oh, so that my post is relevant to the topic, yes, Mercuchio, loved toiltet paper, too, and any fabric that he could pull into his cage.......
Old 10-02-2008, 06:37 PM   #44
Head Chef

Front!!! My sister-in-law has her tp reversed. So, every time I go to their house, I flip it! LOL! She always knows who did it. It has turned into a game.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 07:03 PM   #45
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
I'm a two hander.... I spin with one, stop the roll and tear with the other, leaving the roll precisely positioned for next time.
And I'm in the, I would never dream of rearranging anything, even the TP, in someone else's house, category. Even if their way is wrong.
Okay, pacanis, you're the only one invited over allowed to use the restroom. Everyone else the Liberty Gas Station is 2 minutes by car.

The only house I've ever changed the roll direction in was my dad's and that's because he's a back and that woman that lives with him is a fronter.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:15 PM   #46
Master Chef

y'all are bad............:):)
Old 10-02-2008, 07:41 PM   #47
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
Over the top please!

The white variety is very dangerous in the woods....Some idiot will shoot you thinking you are a deer....

That is hilarious!
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:54 PM   #48
Everymom

Another vote for front and when they used to have patterned TP it just looked dumb to have the pattern hanging down the back. I wouldn't switch someone ELSE'S though. Just shake my head pityingly...
Old 10-03-2008, 01:13 AM   #49
Traveling Welcome Wagon

In the front. The only time I ever put mine toward the back is when we have kittens at "that stage" (this last time I had to stop putting a roll on the holder at all), but when they outgrow it, it is back in front. I have changed it at hotels (after all they are our home while we are there) and at my daughter's, but I wouldn't change it at anyone else's house.

Some of the hotels we stayed at this year folded it into a point, as some have mentioned, and as weird as it may seem, it made me feel special! I'm so easy to please!

Barbara
Old 10-03-2008, 01:24 AM   #50
Master Chef

yeah, our kittens did, too...........and who wants to use tp that's been on the floor for who knows how long