Tonight's Total Lunar Eclipse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DH and I went outside for what seemed like an eternity. It was very cold and windy. But the moon was gorgeous. There are perks to being married to a Rocket Doctor. He can 'splain the details to his beloved and did.
We kept going inside, then coming back out, lasted longer than we anticipated, wonderful and so beautiful.

It was a wonderfully clear night here in Mexico.
We watched from beginning to end. We were having dinner with some friends
and had a great view from our table at the resturaunt. Food was delish, company was wonderful and the view to die for. Have I mentioned yet how much I love being here??

I was lucky enough to be in Wyoming when the Khoutek comet (?) and the lunar eclipse coincided.
Spent all night on the hood of my Bronco, out on the open range.
Now THAT was a celestial show!

Got lucky with last nights' eclipse; we had scattered clouds. Which was nice, actually; they gave me a break and I like the juxtapositioning of the little white clouds floating past the eclipsing moon...

I must be wierd, but the neatest thing about the eclipse to me was how it really made me realize that the moon is a big sphere, not a flat disk hanging in the sky.

I mean, I KNOW the moon is a sphere, but that shadow curving across the face really brought out the shape.

Never mind, just goofy, I guess. :)
Not weird or goofy at all. (This from the woman who stood out in the cold explaining God's wonders to the dog! LOL).

:)Barbara

If any of you guys ever has a chance to see a total solar eclipse do WHATEVER IT TAKES to see it.

I've done it and I guarantee it's the experience of a lifetime.

If any of you guys ever has a chance to see a total solar eclipse do WHATEVER IT TAKES to see it.

I've done it and I guarantee it's the experience of a lifetime.
Do you know when and where the next one is going to be? LOL You know what I mean--where it will be able to be viewed.

I got some pics of it but need to upload them.

The crazy thing, as the last little sliver of light left, leaving the moon nice and red"ish", every dog in our neighborhood started going CRAZY barking and howling.

I got some pics of it but need to upload them.

The crazy thing, as the last little sliver of light left, leaving the moon nice and red"ish", every dog in our neighborhood started going CRAZY barking and howling.
The dogs in my neighborhood (except mine and the neighbor's boxer, who were with me) were barking like crazy too! They do tend to bark a lot anyway, but it was a little weird!

Back
Top Bottom