Too much google!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chile Chef

Sous Chef
Ok here's the situation I'm currently in!

I'm basically poor because of college and that's fine by me since I love to learn and I'm doing great in college and my gpa is 3.0 currently,

Anyways I'm going to be getting my asa in "Visal comm" and I will be using 3 pricey programs,

The 3 pricey programs are 3d studio max "$3,900 for the base program, $300 for Adobe photoshop, $300 for Adobe indesign or $700 for both the adobes programs ina student bundle.

I might be getting Adobe photoshop as a early christmas for study and that will not be a problem or a concern.

My main concern is 3d studio max 2010 since it's $3,900 for the base program and I hate google, There so much info about getting grants it's making my head spin so speak!

Help thanks!

I am confused. What are you looking for help on? What is Visal comm? What does "My main concern is 3d studio max 2010 since it's $3,900 for the base program and I hate google, There so much info about getting grants it's making my head spin so speak!" mean? Why do you hate Google and what does Google have to do with you paying for expensive programs? I seriously have no idea what you are talking about here.

Also, are you sure you have your figures correct on this part?
Chile Chef said:
$300 for Adobe photoshop, $300 for Adobe indesign or $700 for both the adobes programs ina student bundle.

Why would the bundle cost more than buying the programs individually?

What are you talking about? Is this just a vent?
Yes, it cost $$ to attend school and buy the requisite materials.

I am confused. What are you looking for help on? What is Visal comm? What does "My main concern is 3d studio max 2010 since it's $3,900 for the base program and I hate google, There so much info about getting grants it's making my head spin so speak!" mean? Why do you hate Google and what does Google have to do with you paying for expensive programs? I seriously have no idea what you are talking about here.
Sorry everyone, Let me try to clarify this,

The visual comm is degree in the computer arts department & these are the programs I will be using for that department.

I do understand my English is horrible I am deeply sorry for that, I'm getting help at NMCfor my English.

GB, 3dstudio max 2010 is the name of the program and yes it actually cost's $3,900 that's not a typo for once!

Also, are you sure you have your figures correct on this part?

Why would the bundle cost more than buying the programs individually?
I've done a lot of price checking on google, amazon.com, newegg.com and they all run about the same.

The reason the bundles are so much your getting programs 1 full license, and a few plug in's

What are you talking about? Is this just a vent?
Yes, it cost $$ to attend school and buy the requisite materials.
More like I'm confused, I have a couple of friends I stay intouch with and they said they purchased 3ds studio max and light wave "which is a 3d modeling app" and they're in the same boat as I am for being poor!

By the way google gave my brain a head ache when I am trying to research grant's, loans I don't have to pay back and I've found one that looks promising "His name is Mathew Lesko" he had a commercial where he yell's like Billy may's did and he wears a question mark tux and look like the mad hatter!

Gimme a break...
What is the problem with getting a loan? Yes, you have to pay it back, but there are subsidized loans that are quite helpful. Did you fill out FAFSA? If yo really are poor, and have the tax documents to prove it, don't have a degree, you can get grants and low interest loans.
If visual communication/arts is your major, then , yes, you need a program to do the work. Just like I needed a violin to get my bachelor of music, an artist needs their paints and canvasses, and a chef needs their knives.
Seriously, did you do FAFSA?

GB, 3dstudio max 2010 is the name of the program and yes it actually cost's $3,900 that's not a typo for once!
Yes I know programs can run that much. I workwith programs that are 10x that expensive. What I did not understand was what Google has to do with it and why you hate google.

The reason the bundles are so much your getting programs 1 full license, and a few plug in's
This still does not make sense. If you buy the programs separately you will get a license for each program. I seriously doubt you are paying an extra $100 for a few plug ins. I have never heard of a bundle costing more than the sum of the two separate parts put together.

Gimme a break...
What is the problem with getting a loan? Yes, you have to pay it back, but there are subsidized loans that are quite helpful. Did you fill out FAFSA? If yo really are poor, and have the tax documents to prove it, don't have a degree, you can get grants and low interest loans.
If visual communication/arts is your major, then , yes, you need a program to do the work. Just like I needed a violin to get my bachelor of music, an artist needs their paints and canvasses, and a chef needs their knives.
Seriously, did you do FAFSA?
I did fill out my FAFSA and I got $2,900 for vis comm and fines arts, As soon as I've paid off everything at the college I had $144 just enough for the books I need for the viscomm program, What's funny I got more in my FAFSA this year then I did last year when I started college in the first place!

Yes I know programs can run that much. I work with programs that are 10x that expensive. What I did not understand was what Google has to do with it and why you hate google.

This still does not make sense. If you buy the programs separately you will get a license for each program. I seriously doubt you are paying an extra $100 for a few plug ins. I have never heard of a bundle costing more than the sum of the two separate parts put together.
I don't know GB, maybe I'm still wet behinds the ears as I used to hear that saying a lot when I was a kid growing up! But I do know the bundle has documentation,, and a few plug in's

Do they still do the dungle device?

I would do more research CC. It makes zero sense that the bundle would cost more. The individual programs will have documentation too.

What is a dungle device and does who have it?

You still haven't answered what Google has to do with this.

Last edited:
Then what's the problem? You still need to purchase a program. Get a loan, like most of us. Get a job, you can pay it back.
and what is your problem with google?
Have you been to this site?
Adobe Photoshop CS4 Extended Academic - Savings for Students & Teachers

I would do more research CC. It makes zero sense that the bundle would cost more. The individual programs will have documentation too.

What is a dungle device and does who have it?

You still haven't answered what Google has to do with this.
Thanks guys, Dungle is a device that sends information to Adobe, Autodesk, so and so on, It tells the company you own a legit copy of the program and it tells tech support they can help you out if you need it. And the problem with google is too much info if you don't really know what your looking for!

Please visit your college's learning center. They can help you with researching on the internet, as well as where to find the materials you need for class.

It's called a "dongle," not a "dungle."

Check with your teacher, with the college bookstore, and with the software manufacturer to see if they have student or academic versions available. They're usually the full program, but you have to be a student to get the discount, which can be huge.

Check this store, which specializes in student/academic software: R-Tech Computers, Inc. Home Page

They have three different student versions of 3D Studio Max 2010 for $90.00, $191.00, and $381.00: http://needsoftware.com/search.aspx?find=3D+Studio

(www.needsoftware.com is part of R-Tech Computers -- I'm familiar with the store because I used to live about 2 miles from it, but I have no other connection with either).

Please visit your college's learning center. They can help you with researching on the internet, as well as where to find the materials you need for class.
I will be Wyogal, I'm learning to research for stuff properly

If I was rich and generous I'd buy you that program.
You don't need to be rich or Generous to learn adobe products!

^^^ *were*
eh?

It's called a "dongle," not a "dungle."

Check with your teacher, with the college bookstore, and with the software manufacturer to see if they have student or academic versions available. They're usually the full program, but you have to be a student to get the discount, which can be huge.

Check this store, which specializes in student/academic software: R-Tech Computers, Inc. Home Page

They have three different student versions of 3D Studio Max 2010 for $90.00, $191.00, and $381.00: Needsoftware.com - Search

(www.needsoftware.com is part of R-Tech Computers -- I'm familiar with the store because I used to live about 2 miles from it, but I have no other connection with either).
Thank you for the correction Scotch, and yes dongle is what I was thinking of, I have actually filled out my Stafford loan for Adobe photoshop & in design bundle and I'm not sure how long it will take until I can get the money for the loan!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom