"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-01-2011, 09:09 AM   #141
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Mom has clean diapers in her laundry/ironing stack...the "baby" is 41. When they moved, I think they just forklifted it out of the basement and moved it into the new house 300 miles away.
Or maybe there is something your mom's not telling you and s/one in the house is wearing the diapers...

Old 12-01-2011, 09:11 AM   #142
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Or maybe there is something your mom's not telling you and s/one in the house is wearing the diapers...
They are on the bottom of the stack...it is a historical record of the family, dating back to when baby brother was in fact a baby.

Old 12-01-2011, 11:21 AM   #143
Everymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I used to throw all the socks, his and hers, in one drawer. You want a pair, then pick it out yourself.
All socks get tossed in bins on the sorting table. The only one who picks out their socks and matches them is...me. Everyone else just grabs and goes. UNFORTUNATELY, my daughters really like the brand of socks I buy for myself and I will frequently see them wearing MY socks.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:44 AM   #144
Sous Chef

I have a feeling that the socks in the hamper doesn't mean that it's an entire load of socks; it's probably just been left there when everyone else picks out thier favorite tee shirt, etc.,and doesn't want to deal with the socks.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:25 PM   #145
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm getting ready to do more laundry since JoshuaNY hasn't shown up...first I have to find a place to put all the clean clothes from last week (have I mentioned how much I miss my custom-built closet at the house in the City...there I have a place for everything, and even extra space). Not so at the farm. Anyway, the scrub set count has gone up to 22 sets...oops! I think I'll weed some of them out...but they are so great for when painting, cleaning, lounging around, etc.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:37 PM   #146
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
I'm getting ready to do more laundry since JoshuaNY hasn't shown up...first I have to find a place to put all the clean clothes from last week (have I mentioned how much I miss my custom-built closet at the house in the City...there I have a place for everything, and even extra space). Not so at the farm. Anyway, the scrub set count has gone up to 22 sets...oops! I think I'll weed some of them out...but they are so great for when painting, cleaning, lounging around, etc.
I buy XL tops for comfort and large pants, all patterns and colors. Most of them get worn twice a month and then I start getting tired of the pattern. When I weed mine out the next time, I'm more than happy to send them on, it would be mostly tops, since I usually get something that matches the pants.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:46 PM   #147
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I buy XL tops for comfort and large pants, all patterns and colors. Most of them get worn twice a month and then I start getting tired of the pattern. When I weed mine out the next time, I'm more than happy to send them on, it would be mostly tops, since I usually get something that matches the pants.
PF--are you offering to add to my collection or offering to give my XL tops a new home?
Old 12-01-2011, 06:07 PM   #148
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
PF--are you offering to add to my collection or offering to give my XL tops a new home?
I'm offering you the tops that I have gotten tired of. You would be styling in prints! Some of them I've had for a few years, took me a while to get tired of them, but I bet most are prettier than the hospital green scrubs.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:31 AM   #149
Chef Extraordinaire

i need to swear an oath to get mine all caught up. could do it this week-end if i just would get on it.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:22 AM   #150
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
i need to swear an oath to get mine all caught up. could do it this week-end if i just would get on it.
It is impossible to get caught up unless you do spend the weekend in your birthday suit...otherwise, the clothes you wear will start the cycle all over again...