Too much laundry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's why my work socks are all the same color or brand, no matter what they all match and if one gets a hole, I can toss it and still have matching socks for work. I don't care if my socks match if I'm not at work, makes for some interesting conversations.
Wearing matching socks is highly overrated, IMO. My DH buys all the same brand and color, no mating of socks required. Simplifies doing laundry.

Consistency throughout socks is easier said then done. They always seem to be different sizes!

Wearing matching socks is highly overrated, IMO. My DH buys all the same brand and color, no mating of socks required. Simplifies doing laundry.

I only insist on wearing both knee socks or both crew socks...it's too distracting to keep feeling like one sock is falling all day. My doc thinks it's a sign of my instability that I look like any other granny, until he sees my socks...Hello Kitty and Optimus Prime DO go together!:rolleyes:

I only insist on wearing both knee socks or both crew socks...it's too distracting to keep feeling like one sock is falling all day. My doc thinks it's a sign of my instability that I look like any other granny, until he sees my socks...Hello Kitty and Optimus Prime DO go together!:rolleyes:

My mother used to collect and wear socks for holidays, hello, kitty, animal patterns etc. She continued to wear them when she was far north of eighty. The Doctors all thought she had dementia but, she and the little kids she ran into had some fun. When she died my sister and my nieces took them and now they wear them when they go on charity walks and runs. The seeds of madness have been passed on. :LOL:

A person could stick to plain colors or all the same, for socks and underwear - or whatever they want in life - and that's fine if that's what they want, but I like a little more whimsy then that.

I thought of you all when I got some more ankle socks this morning !!!

I have a collection of bizarre "toe socks" that I wear to my Pilates classes. They always get a laugh and just putting them on tickles my funny bone.

A person could stick to plain colors or all the same, for socks and underwear - or whatever they want in life - and that's fine if that's what they want, but I like a little more whimsy then that.

I thought of you all when I got some more ankle socks this morning !!!

As long as you don't think of us while buying your underwear...:LOL::ohmy::ermm:

Speaking of which...I've never understood people who buy fancy underwear. It's hidden under your pants it's whole life. Why does it matter if its frilly or has printing on it?

I understand the soft or silky thing. It must feel good on the skin. But as to color or statements...I'm in the dark.

As long as you don't think of us while buying your underwear...:LOL::ohmy::ermm:

Speaking of which...I've never understood people who buy fancy underwear. It's hidden under your pants it's whole life. Why does it matter if its frilly or has printing on it?

I understand the soft or silky thing. It must feel good on the skin. But as to color or statements...I'm in the dark.
I'm not touching that one with a 10-ft pole. Maybe PF will enlighten you!

there's an old joke that goes something about how women think men should help out with housework more often.

hey, a man invented the washing machine. isn't that enough???

(ducking...)

A few holidays ago, we spent the day with my sister's family. My sister has four children. Mother was there. All four children were playing. My sister was elbow-deep in dishes. My mother observed and then said most sourly to my brother-in-law, "Do you not think it is time to gift your wife a dishwasher?" Without missing a beat, he said, "I gifted her with four! And she doesn't use one of them to give her any help."

I'm not sure whether Mom is speaking to him yet. Frank wishes he could be so blessed. :LOL:

A few holidays ago, we spent the day with my sister's family. My sister has four children. Mother was there. All four children were playing. My sister was elbow-deep in dishes. My mother observed and then said most sourly to my brother-in-law, "Do you not think it is time to gift your wife a dishwasher?" Without missing a beat, he said, "I gifted her with four! And she doesn't use one of them to give her any help."

I'm not sure whether Mom is speaking to him yet. Frank wishes he could be so blessed. :LOL:

My Mom always said she had 4 dishwashers and none of them worked...:LOL:

I'm not touching that one with a 10-ft pole. Maybe PF will enlighten you!

What? You can't say, "Because it makes ME feel special!"?!? Okay granted, my wearing of Batman underwear is a little more, "Special" than silky, sexy undies.:ROFLMAO:

Even if no one sees my mismatched socks and comments, I still know they are there. Also if I wear silky undies, I make sure that Shrek sees them, too.

When I was growing up, dish washing was a week long chore for each of us children. It wasn't optional and could not be traded in any way.

In a boarding house with as many as 20 people eating supper evey night, that was a real chore.

Living by myself now, I still keep a spotless kitchen. Never a dirty dish in the sink. As soon as I see one, it gets washed or rinsed and put into the dish washer.

I would like to comment on the fact that alot of men have been banned from doing laundry in the home because of some laundry disaster they were a part of. The one that comes to mind is the new red bathrobe in the wash with the whites.

I wonder how many of these gentlemen were thinking... "If I mess this up I will never have to do laundry again?" :)

I am a man and I am the Laundry King. I sort into whites, lights, darks, sheets, and towels. And dont get me started on my ironing skills ;)

When I visit my parents I see how my mother does laundry and it makes me cringe :ohmy:

This is a great thread.

When I was growing up, dish washing was a week long chore for each of us children. It wasn't optional and could not be traded in any way.

In a boarding house with as many as 20 people eating supper evey night, that was a real chore.

Living by myself now, I still keep a spotless kitchen. Never a dirty dish in the sink. As soon as I see one, it gets washed or rinsed and put into the dish washer.

I don't remember how we rotated the duties, my sibs and I range over about 15 years. At a certain age we had to grab a towel and dry; then graduated to other chores. I think it is something that every kid I know could use. No one should grow up thinking that food magically appears on the table, dirt magically disappears, etc. When I was young and dating, I actually had men tell me their mothers LOVED cleaning the skid marks out of their jockeys. Huh? My mom would have smacked me silly and started me cleaning. NO MATTER what you think, no one likes to be an unpaid maid, and trust me, if you aren't being paid, you are not being paid, you're what is known as ... well, a slave. In a household, we all pitch in.

I would like to comment on the fact that alot of men have been banned from doing laundry in the home because of some laundry disaster they were a part of. The one that comes to mind is the new red bathrobe in the wash with the whites.

I wonder how many of these gentlemen were thinking... "If I mess this up I will never have to do laundry again?" :)

I am a man and I am the Laundry King. I sort into whites, lights, darks, sheets, and towels. And dont get me started on my ironing skills ;)

When I visit my parents I see how my mother does laundry and it makes me cringe :ohmy:

This is a great thread.

SOOOOO, Laundry King. Do you make house calls??? :)

i don't get why doing laundry is such a big deal, so long as you don'y have to go to a laundromat.

you seperate colours, toss it in the machine with soap, and either hang or dry it afterwards.

if men did this more often, washing machines would come with a beer cooler, fold out seat, and tv monitor attached.

i don't get why doing laundry is such a big deal, so long as you don'y have to go to a laundromat.

you seperate colours, toss it in the machine with soap, and either hang or dry it afterwards.

if men did this more often, washing machines would come with a beer cooler, fold out seat, and tv monitor attached.

Laundromats are fun! Weird people hang out there...err, classic example: Princessfiona60.:ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom