Too much laundry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cats are the reason I take a shower, get dressed and leave the house. I never sit down after getting dressed.

For some bizarre reason my husband favors short-haired, most WHITE dogs, who shed like crazy. In the case of our first JRs, they had barbed little hairs that dug in. While we don't sit around in underwear (for one thing, it's too cold here!) until the last minute, we do get completely ready to go out, then sit in sweats or whatever until 5 minutes before we leave, crate the dog, dress and leave!

Funny, funny thread!

I never feel fully dressed without beagle hair.

I have a sign in the kitchen that reads "warning--slime zone!" I can't tell you how many times I've done the splits (at my age) because I've slipped on slime...and vinegar is something I'd like to buy in a 55-gal. drum. And yes, I do wash my ceilings 4-5 times/year. Slime flies!

When he shook his head, it sounded like a flock of pigeons taking off and slobber would hit opposite walls of a large living room.

taxlady said:
When he shook his head, it sounded like a flock of pigeons taking off and slobber would hit opposite walls of a large living room.

Lol! Turner and Hooch!

Just bought a new comforter for the bed...I picked one the same color as the Golden Retriever who sheds the most on the bed!

I have a taupe slipcover on the 'dog couch', and it was getting so brown and dirty, that I decided to replace it with a dark chocolate one. Too bad I have only one chocolate colored dog, but two that have a great deal of white hair. And the chocolate colored one doesn't sit on the couch.

The new slip cover is in the closet, at least until I buy a sofa protector to protect the slip cover which is protecting the couch. (Actually, the slip cover protects ME from the sight of the nasty old couch. When I get rich . . . . . )

At least my dogs are (mostly) dry-mouthed.

Last edited:
When we had our rescued Dalmation, I remember reading that dal hair "knits" itself into your clothes, no amount of rubbing, tumbling, dry cleaning, etc, would get it out. How true. Still have remnants of Logan, after multiple cleanings. Beagle hair is a bit longer and coarser.

After laundering blankets and such, I have enough hair from the lint trap to knit a new dog.

we were at a street fair this past summer when i saw a young saint bernard drinking from a bowl in the shade for some relief from the heat. he was so fluffy and cute my family was drawn over to him.
when he raised his head to greet us, there was a rope of gooey spit that stretched 2 feet from his mouth back to the bowl... i got out out the way just before he shook.
it was like being at a gallagher concert.

Roflmbo!!! Bring on the watermelons!!

Last edited:
Your post made me chuckle!

When we were kids the whole family would sit around in our underwear waiting until the last possible minute to get dressed and leave the house before a big formal event like a wedding or a funeral.

Partly because of the pets, the smokers and the fact that we only had one bathroom plus a lot of people to get cleaned up.

We must have made a strange sight!:LOL:

For some bizarre reason my husband favors short-haired, most WHITE dogs, who shed like crazy. In the case of our first JRs, they had barbed little hairs that dug in. While we don't sit around in underwear (for one thing, it's too cold here!) until the last minute, we do get completely ready to go out, then sit in sweats or whatever until 5 minutes before we leave, crate the dog, dress and leave!

I've always been the type to poke around when I first get up in the morning then make a mad dash for the last 20 minutes into the shower and out the door. My hair is still wet when I get to work. The cat hair is a handy excuse for Shrek who after 31 years is now questioning my morning routines.:wacko:

Apparently we need a knitting class here!

My dogs have all loved hand-crocheted afghans, something I encourage because they launder so well. When I wash one, I swear the dog hair in the dryer filter can be removed in one piece and if I could find a way to patch them together, over a year I could make a floor-length robe. Or maybe a new afghan!

Timothy, my cat is a lilac point Himalayan. 10 pounds of hair, about a pound and a half of actual cat. The hair is so fine it is like a spider web, and it floats around looking for a piece of food to fall in. Yuck--I can handle the hair on the couch and on my clothes, but in my food--no way.

Timothy, my cat is a lilac point Himalayan. 10 pounds of hair, about a pound and a half of actual cat. The hair is so fine it is like a spider web, and it floats around looking for a piece of food to fall in. Yuck--I can handle the hair on the couch and on my clothes, but in my food--no way.

I got my Persian at the Animal Shelter. He was about 4 weeks old, and so tiny that he literally looked like a little fur ball with legs. The only mode he knew was up on the toes and hissing while dancing around the little cage they had him in.

They said he stumbled out of the woods next to the shelter, ( some butthead probably tossed him out of the car), and they had only had him for a day. I immediately named him "Precious" and later found out it was a "He" cat and named him "Dinky" (What my grand daughter said when trying to say "Stinky", because the little fella could put out some green clouds that would clear a room).

Well, Dinky is now 14 years old and very set in my ways. He sleeps next to my head at night and the sound of his LOUD purring makes me sleep great! I just have to keep up with the bushel of hair he loses each day.

Dinky is a big Persian. He weighs about 10 pounds and has hair forever.

My cat is a tabby. She was a rescue kitty. I know what you mean about hair. She's not even long-haired, but when she jumps out of the window, you can see the hair fly. There is a blanket throw I keep on the couch, and she loves to lay on that. It's really soft. That gets washed constantly. I'm surprised there is any throw left.

As far as other laundry, Mark only wears things once, including jeans. I'll wear a pair of pants/jeans 3 times, if they aren't dirty from cleaning, etc. The one thing I'm anal about are towels. For my hair, I'll use a towel twice. For drying off, once.

i have two cats, a black one .short hair and charlie , a lap doll persian. charlie sheds like crazy. i find it on the edges of lamp shades, and on the edge of doors. it is more fluff than hair and hard to vaccum up. thomas, the black short haired one hardly sheds at all. i get tons of hair in the dryer lint trap. just have to live with it. part of the price of having pets. worth every bit of laundry.

we were at a street fair this past summer when i saw a young saint bernard drinking from a bowl in the shade for some relief from the heat. he was so fluffy and cute my family was drawn over to him.
when he raised his head to greet us, there was a rope of gooey spit that stretched 2 feet from his mouth back to the bowl... i got out out the way just before he shook.
it was like being at a gallagher concert.

As I was eating my breakfast this morning (poached eggs on a bed of steamed kale, 1/2 slice ww toast), I offered the old Saint the crust...ewww...when I took my next bite of kale, it had SLIME in it. Guess who got the rest of my breakfast...

As I was eating my breakfast this morning (poached eggs on a bed of steamed kale, 1/2 slice ww toast), I offered the old Saint the crust...ewww...when I took my next bite of kale, it had SLIME in it. Guess who got the rest of my breakfast...

That just gags me! Dog spit in my food? No way! I wouldn't even allow the animal in the kitchen after that! Yuck!

Back
Top Bottom