Top 10 Amazing Kitchens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw them, too, but I liked #3 much better than #1. I'm tired of everyone doing "Tuscan."

I also think it's truly sad that such a high percentage of those over-the-top kitchens are never cooked in. One of the managers at The Great Indoors said their estimate is around 75 percent that are rarely, if ever used. All that money for show!

Wonder how the downturn in the economy might change that? :ermm:

Mine isn't that pretty because I USE IT. But, there were two or three there I wouldn't mind spending some time in.

Chef June, that is so true. I bought high end appliances when I built my home, and at the dealers I was asked. "Do you really cook or do you just want showpieces?"

We had a really big discussion on the choices of floor coverings these days... so many people are putting hard wood floors in their kitchens. and you had better not do that if you really use your kitchen. Hard wood floors were NEVER meant to take that kind of wear and tear, and as well, serious water damage WILL result.... not a question or "if," rather only "when!" :rolleyes:

We had a really big discussion on the choices of floor coverings these days... so many people are putting hard wood floors in their kitchens. and you had better not do that if you really use your kitchen. Hard wood floors were NEVER meant to take that kind of wear and tear, and as well, serious water damage WILL result.... not a question or "if," rather only "when!" :rolleyes:

I'd go with the heated pillowed limestone. :LOL:

Tuscan or Kitchen & Family room are the only two I would cook in. I NEED a fireplace in my kitchen and/or a wood fired brick oven.

Then, I will be recieving divorce papers and would proudly accept unemployment checks because I would never leave it.

CJ, I liked #3 as well. The built-in sushi bar was pretty cool... And I don't eat much sushi. :ermm: The #1 Tuscan was a bit like a museum, & I agree there's too much Tuscan goin' around.

One kitchen had 7? ovens & accomodated 100 people. Yikes! Everyone comes over & cooks. The Southern appealed tome because of the built-in pasta cooker. With the touch of a button the pasta drains in the sink. :LOL: The illuminated limestone? was very impressive. Who wouldn't want a kitchen that glows in the dark. ;)

There were certain elements I liked about each kitchen. Too bad the site doesn't have a 360 view. The pictures don't do them justice. If it airs again, it's a must see.

Last edited:

I put engineered HW floors down in my kitchen and couldn't be happier. Not only do they get wear from foot traffic, I chase my dog with a RC car there too. They still shine like new after 3 1/2 years. I floated the flooring for more cushion which is great on the back and feet. If your HW floor wears out like you think, then it was finished poorly or installed incorrectly.

We will be remodelling our condo this summer. The kitchen is getting a ceramic tile floor. The rest of the main floor will be hardwood. I rejected hardwood for the kitchen because I tend to be a sloppy cook and didn't want to be constantly wiping up spills as I am prepping or cooking or cleaning.

On the other hand, my sister, who lives in her kitchen, has had a hardwood floor in her kitchen for at least 10 years and it is still in perfect condition. However, if she drops any food bit or liquid on her floor, she stops and mops. That's not for me.

You can just tell the houses are absolute huge mansions.. I want one!!

I was thinking the same thing, Saph. If the kitchen is 600 sq feet, I can't imagine the size of the other rooms.

Andy, one kitchen had a floor vent with suction. You just sweep the crumbs toward the vent. Where they go -- I don't know.

polished concrete is probably the best floor idea for a kitchen. Wood works fine but will show usage for sure. Tile can be great but the grout will get cruddy whatever you do, and some tiles can crack. Various vinyl floorings are fairly strong. Nothing is perfect, eh.

I grew up in a wood floored kitchen...no problems. Got one now. Expect if I ever sell I would sand and resurface. Use gelpads over most of it anyway!

I put engineered HW floors down in my kitchen and couldn't be happier. Not only do they get wear from foot traffic, I chase my dog with a RC car there too. They still shine like new after 3 1/2 years. I floated the flooring for more cushion which is great on the back and feet. If your HW floor wears out like you think, then it was finished poorly or installed incorrectly.

These are flooring experts who are advising strongly against it. I'm sure there are exceptions to every rule.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom