Top 10 List : Fav atcivities outside the kitchen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
luvs_food said:
i just introduced the cats to patches one by one (really carefully- he was cupped in my hands and just barely peeking out) and they were fascinated by him at first. they stared at his cage constantly, but i wasn't worried about them getting into it cause i have an aquarium with a screen lid that slides into the frame, plus i got a heavy, coated wire mesh lid that folds in half to put over top of that, just in case.
he got out of his hamster ball awhile ago and we were frantic, but the cats didn't seem to think anything of it.:LOL: now i tape the ball shut, just in case.
once in awhile our littlest cat will observe the hamster in his cage, and they'll lay on the cage now and again, but other than that, they don't pay him much mind.:)
patches is oblivious top the cats. it's cute.
i can let him run around on the floor and the cats just pass on by. 'course i'm right there with him.
So you got Patches AFTER the kitties... whoa!! You have done a fine job making a peace between them, compliments!! But I can imagine your panic when he got out of the hamster ball.... it happened to us before too and the whole house got turned upside down for 2 hours before we finally found him snoozing in one of Cris's shoes!! Maybe I will get a very young kitten, and raise him as a friend of hamsters!!:)

No particular order but here goes:

-Spending time with my family and friends
-Going to Antique Stores/Flea Markets/Garage Sales
-Researching my family tree
-Visiting this site and spending time with all you wonderful people
-Long Country Drives
-Landscaping Projects
-Redecorating
-Remodeling Projects
-Reading
-Collecting Vintage Jewelry
-

We too have a cat and hampster. When I first brought Rollie home our cat Trinket was all into him......nosing around the cage. We put a heavy angel figurine that is lying down on top of the cage so that Trinket couldn't get the lid off. We also put the cage on top of a console table......making it difficult for this fat cat (minimum 20 pounds) to get up on the table.
Rollie loves to roll around in his ball. At first Trinket would follow after him but now she just kind sits back and watches. We've had Trinket for 3 years now....she was 5 when we got her according to the previous owner. We've had Rollie for 2 years now. And I'm happy to announce no disasters have come about them co-existing together.

urmaniac13 said:
REALLY??
13.gif
Can they co-exist happily and safely?? I have a hammy, and if we get to move to a bigger flat (which MAY happen in the semi-near future) I would love to have a cat too but I also fear for the safety of Napoleone!! And even if he is safe in the cage, he may well get too stressed out if he see a cat hanging about constantly in the vicinity... How did you solve the problem??

Crocheting
Reading a good book
Internet games
Fishing (summer&winter)
Snowmobiling
Walking in the woods
playing with our pets (2 cats, 3 dogs )
Traveling
Going to a bar and having a drink with friends
Gardening

1-7. Reading. I am a voracious reader
8. Walking
9. Talking with Freinds over bottles of wine. I have several groups of freinds who just love to sit around and eat, drink and talk for hours. We don't need games or entertainment other than our minds and mouths.
10. Writing. Believe it or not, the computer has made this harder for me.

1. Spending time with Barbara
2. Spending time with our Kids
3. Learning , I love to Learn and when you are like me anything helps !:huh:
4. Once in a while I try to Laugh
5. I LOVE PEOPLE and love too be with People !
6. Baseball
7. Soccer
8. Scuba Diving
9. Lumber Jacking !
10. BUT MOST OF ALL I LOVE HELPING PEOPLE AND TELLING THEM HOW MUCH THEY ARE LOVED ! :cool:
11. Then everything else I forgot , Yes ALSO FOOTBALL ! :ohmy:

Spending time with DH

Eating

Spending time with family

Reading

Time on my I-Mac

Eating

Going to the movies

Fishing

Eating

Playing with my dog, Koapaka

And oh yea.....Eating

Maidrite said:
1. Spending time with Barbara
2. Spending time with our Kids
3. Learning , I love to Learn and when you are like me anything helps !:huh:
4. Once in a while I try to Laugh
5. I LOVE PEOPLE and love too be with People !
6. Baseball
7. Soccer
8. Scuba Diving
9. Lumber Jacking !
10. BUT MOST OF ALL I LOVE HELPING PEOPLE AND TELLING THEM HOW MUCH THEY ARE LOVED ! :cool:
11. Then everything else I forgot , Yes ALSO FOOTBALL ! :ohmy:

Meooooooow x 15 (translation... "don't forget about us daaaaad!!
3.gif
)

Back
Top Bottom