"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-16-2007, 02:55 PM   #131
Master Chef

Marcel's hair is soooooooo ripe for some monkeybusiness. As is his silly dab of facial hair.

Old 01-16-2007, 04:44 PM   #132
Head Chef

Should be a "Must See" episode

Old 01-16-2007, 04:51 PM   #133
Chef Extraordinaire

and that would be...........tomorrow night?
Old 01-17-2007, 07:49 AM   #134
Chef Extraordinaire

esta noche!!!!!

it's tonight. yeah, ya know, if they set marcel's hair gel on fire, he'd look like the heatmiser.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 11:56 AM   #135
Head Chef

Oh my Gosh, He would!!! Well we will know as of 10:00pm. I actually would like to see Cliff be the next to get cut. The way they have betrayed him lately he's a little too prideful
Old 01-18-2007, 12:05 AM   #136
Head Chef

Marcel refused to help Sam, saying he expected to be busy, later saying to the camera that he would not help any competitor. Understandably, they all refused to help him, but then, to their credit, they all chipped in.

As for Cliff and Marcel, how many times has Cliff expressed the desire to punch Marcel in the head? Well, he finally did have the perfect opportunity but almost gentlemanly refrained, choosing instead to rely on the participation of co-conspirators who chickened out at the last minute. I don't disagree with is his elimination but it should have been about the food, not the drama (comedy)?

Of all the blame to be had, I believe the program's producers deserve the lion's share of it.

skilletlicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 06:14 AM   #137
Executive Chef

I knew all four of them would be the ones in the finals, too.

Even before the hazing thing, they were displeased with Cliff's beef, so you knew it was him leaving, all along..

And who is charged with making a 5 course tasting menu for people who want a romantic meal and wouldn't consider a dessert course???????? Watching Elia sittng on the table saying she didn't have to do dessert yet wanted to, and then hearing Tom say a dessert course wasn't necessary firms the entire thing that this is not as 'real' as they'd like us to believe. If no one offered a dessert course to a romantic meal the judges would have been all over than like white on rice.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:47 AM   #138
Chef Extraordinaire

you nailed it renee! cliff's a goner.

and what is wrong with elia? what in the world was she thinking? cutting off her hair shows that she's jest a wee bit unbalanced. normally i'd be attracted to that, lol , but not without hair.

i agree with all of the comments on this thread that the show is a little too "set up" and over produced, not real enough, and definitely not a real competition so that the best chef wins.

it appears to me that they've already chosen sam. the bald judge guy made a comment to sam that "he runs a kitchen". the way he said it seemed to me that he was speaking to him on a higher level than the rest of the contestants. he then assasinated elia for some unknown reason (like vb said, no dessert?!? a fanabla!), and talked about marcel as if he doesn't measure up.

ok, here's the wierd thing. a few weeks ago, my wife walked into the room and saw me watching an old episode. she said, "oh. i saw this one. the tall skinny dark haired guy wins."
i asked if she meant that he wins the challenge, and she replied, "no, the whole thing. the kenmore kitchen, and the 100 G's. it was down to the dark haired girl and him. the little guy with the big hair was there too."
i 'splained to her that this is a new season, and the winner hasn't been chosen yet, but she insists that she saw the episode one afternoon that showed sam winning.

well, she walked through again while i was watching last night's show, and repeated her insistance that she's seen the final episode. considering she made this "prediction" in week four or five, i'm starting to wonder.

if sam wins, i'm taking her to atlantic city.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 10:28 AM   #139
Head Chef

Even if it is edited a little too predictably, I can't help but watch every week and every re-run I run across while channel surfing. I Really enjoy the show. It is one of my "guilty pleasures". Everything from the food to the drama is made to draw the viewer in. We also have to keep in mind, these people also live together. That lends itself to personality conflicts. If the footage between the cooking was boring would there be a conversation going on here now?
Old 01-18-2007, 10:40 AM   #140
Executive Chef

Although I'm not his fan of his personality, I felt sorry for Marcel last night when Cliff dragged him off his bed and held him down. I'm sure those few minutes were terrifying for him. Cliff was very much out of line and fortunately the judges disliked his course so there wasn't a huge bruhaha over him being asked to leave.

I'd have to be pretty drunk to start shaving my head. The alcohol and stress must have really gotten to them.