"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-25-2007, 05:44 AM   #161
Executive Chef

I was....I'd been picking it to be Sam and Marcel, not Ilan and Marcel. There is an easy 50-50 shot now for either of them. I thought Sam had more talent than both of them, with Elia being the best choice to compete against him. I think it's up to personalities and ratings now.

When it comes to presentation, however, I believe that Marcel has always made the better plate, out of all of them, actually. Does the title deserve to go to an egomaniac?

Finally, I think that nonsense at the judges' table about 'some people' was ridiculous. It just sounded like sour grapes and was completely inappropriate to bring up, especially without details, at that time.

Old 01-25-2007, 11:36 AM   #162
Chef Extraordinaire

phew! i feel better now. i was starting to get a little scared. i know i've called dw a mean old swamp witch, but she never displayed any actual magical abilities before. royal maybe, but never magical.

i'm disappointed with the finalists. i'm not as interested in who wins now. kinda like when 2 teams from small markets play for the championship.

i would have preferred sam or elia v.s. each other, or v.s. marcel.

now, if i could only figure out what's this feeling of being stabbed with large pins...

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 11:43 AM   #163
Executive Chef

omg, Ilan and Marcel? I have to watch the rerun this afternoon. I would have never, ever picked those 2 to compete for the title.

I'm very surprised and not at all pleased...but they didn't call me for my opinion.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:51 AM   #164
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeraBlue
I was....I'd been picking it to be Sam and Marcel, not Ilan and Marcel. There is an easy 50-50 shot now for either of them. I thought Sam had more talent than both of them, with Elia being the best choice to compete against him. I think it's up to personalities and ratings now.

When it comes to presentation, however, I believe that Marcel has always made the better plate, out of all of them, actually. Does the title deserve to go to an egomaniac?

Finally, I think that nonsense at the judges' table about 'some people' was ridiculous. It just sounded like sour grapes and was completely inappropriate to bring up, especially without details, at that time.

I agree 100%

I was shocked to see Sam get the boot. IMO his food was loads better than Ilan's -- last night and all the way through (with some limited exceptions).

Marcel and his obsession with molecular gastronomy has become more than incredibly annoying. But he does put out a pretty plate.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:56 AM   #165
Senior Cook

I couldn't believe it. I thought Marcel would make it into the final because of the ratings factor, but I really thought it would be Sam. Well Marcel may win it all now. Although, I don't know if that would be good for next seasons ratings.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:16 PM   #166
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shunka
Anyone else a bit surprised at the ending of tonight's show?
You can say that again! Those were the two I was expecting to see in the Final Finals... and instead they got sent home.

I think Padma has a "thing" for Marcel, or he would've been sent packing along with his foams some time ago...
Old 01-25-2007, 01:00 PM   #167
Head Chef

I had figured on Sam vs. Ilan or Elia in the end finals. Tom made the comment last night that Sam did not cook something; well I would have chosen Sam's over Marcel's over-thought and (IMO) unappetizing fare any day!!!! I agree with you ChefJune; I think both gals kinda have a "thang" for Marcel. I can't see it as I keep wanting to slap the smirk off his face. Bucky, I am like you and do not really care who wins now, but I would love to see Ilan mop the floor with Marcel............just not sure that a fix is not already in place though. I wish Marcel would stop with the d*mn foams!!!!!!
Old 01-25-2007, 01:35 PM   #168
Executive Chef

The repeat is on here at 3pm. I can't wait to see how it unfolds. lol, I'm already steamed.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:39 PM   #169
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
I'll be watching with you Jan. Can't wait.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:12 PM   #170
Master Chef

I was absolutly shocked when they told Sam to pack his knives and go home. IMHO, I thought he was the best.