"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-09-2006, 03:05 PM   #41
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
who watched last night? I was quite struck with the number of crybabies on the show. I have no idea whether anyone cheated or not. It was not apparent on Tv, but when your group is called for sh!tty food, and you stand up before the judges and complain about something someone else did, I think it's very childish. If they saw something incorrect going on during the process of the competition day and felt it was unethical, imo they should have told someone right then... after the decisions are made, it only looks like sour grapes.

I agree, Mark. I th ink Tom is a class act... but I always have thought that.

Old 11-09-2006, 04:16 PM   #42
Head Chef

The guy (sorry, I forget his name now) that mentioned the olive oil stuff; did mention it earlier in the day they were actually cooking for the kids. I can see his concern. The gal that had to speak up (about Betty, I do think she see's Betty as a threat some) did so (IMO) because she was one that also may have "cheated" a bit. I was wondering where the dieticians were on the actual cooking day; IMO they should have been there to make sure of things like this happening if it was such a concern. Oh well, I am hooked on the show and will keep watching.

Old 11-09-2006, 04:31 PM   #43
Senior Cook

I agree with ChefJune. I just started cringing when they went into the tattle tale thing. It is amazing that no one paid attention on day 2 to see if they were using the same ingredients. The show was fun though, and I'm glad the kids got a treat.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:56 PM   #44
Head Chef

I thought last night was a continuation of the tattle-telling that Marisa started two weeks ago when she got Otto sent home in the case of the lifted lychees. See VeraBlue's comments in Top chef and the lychees....

I don't see the behind the scenes leadership and examples of sportsmanship that Harold and Lee Anne provided last season. Don't be surprised if things get worse before they get better. There are still a few rotten apples in the barrel.

skilletlicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 04:59 PM   #45
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
I agree. There are some really hard feelings among some of the contestants who expected to do better right away. Don't think they were expecting to have to make "everyday" fare.... and they're pretty jealous of the ones who are doing well. I'm not at all surprised that Betty has detractors. She's done very well in the first couple of rounds, and seems like just a "regular gal."

I'll bet her food tastes good, too!
Old 11-10-2006, 12:03 AM   #46
Hospitality Queen

I'm glad Sam spoke up about the possibility of extra olive oil being used. I like him - he does remind me of Harold in a way. I felt bad for Betty (I still really like her - she's such a doll), as she thought she wasn't harming the recipe. I'm glad they didn't send her home. However, if it had been Michael that had done the same thing, I wonder if they would have sent him packing. Cliff is looking better each week, and it seems Marcel has cooled down a bit (only a bit though - we still have our drama).
I still don't care for Marissa. I'm afraid Mia won't be around much longer.
Elan (sp?) - he's really a cool guy - hope he stays around a while.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:47 AM   #47
Head Chef

Why they didn't have someone overlooking the cooking to make sure no one added more calories, I have no idea.

Tom looked so amazed when he heard of the sugar and the possible use of more olive oil than allowed, I could not understand it.

Here are people in a very competitive situation who could easily be tempted to bend the rules a tad to win. Heck, seems like Otto already did that.

And so Tom was surprised at this revelation? I guess he is just a more trusting person than I am.

Have a feeling they are keeping Michael (I think that's his name) around because as a goof ball he makes the show more interesting.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:56 AM   #48
Assistant Cook

Geez, sounds like a good show. Wish I could get it but dont have cable...
Old 11-10-2006, 12:31 PM   #49
Hospitality Queen

dalentam - check out their website - I bet there are video clips etc. I think you can also download all the episodes to your video ipod thingy (I'm totally electronically challenged, but I think that's what you can do)

PS - super cute baby avatar.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:32 PM   #50
Hospitality Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntdot

Have a feeling they are keeping Michael (I think that's his name) around because as a goof ball he makes the show more interesting.
I think you are on to something. Emily had no personality and on camera, she said she hates kids. Gee, she was booted off.....
If you look at the end credits of the show it does say something to the effect of "final decisions are discussed with BravoTV"....hmmmmmmmmmmm....
I bet that's why they kept Tiffani on till the last episode last season. Everyone needs a little drama in their show.