"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 02-06-2008, 02:10 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire
Hey, Charlie. I wouldn't assume that everyone has a basement. And tornados come up so fast, there often isn't enough warning to get to a safe place. If you're out driving around or in a mall, for example, you may not hear about it until it's on top of you. We don't usually get tornados in Va., but I grew up in Mich., so I am familiar with them.

If you lose the roof, the wind can throw people and things in an out and people can be injured or killed that way, too.

The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later you're hungry again. ~ George Miller
GotGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 02:12 PM   #12
Senior Cook
thinking of you

We just woke up to headline news of your tornados. It must be soo frightening.

Hope all is ok and we are thinking of you, it is our cyclone season so we can sympathise with what you are going through.

All our love.

Cath4420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 02:32 PM   #13
DC's Angel
Kentucky checking in. Katie E and I are fine. Tennessee didn't fare so well. We got plenty of torrential rain but no destructive winds. Thanks for your concern.
If we weren't meant to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?
Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 02:38 PM   #14
Master Chef
Originally Posted by Buck View Post
Kentucky checking in. Katie E and I are fine. Tennessee didn't fare so well. We got plenty of torrential rain but no destructive winds. Thanks for your concern.
that's great!!!

Charlie, a lot of times, there isn't enough time. When the storms started here, the weather guy had just said an hour before, that all rain was gone. I left work early and went to get my oil changed, to the grocery store and then to Walmart. When I went in Walmart, it looked like just a gloomy day ending. You could even see clear skies to the west. Wow, when I came out, it was VERY GREEN and really nasty looking. I was caught in high wind, hail and it was VERY scary and if there had been a tornadoe, I wouldn't have seen it until it was too late. It was that blinding in the rain and wind.
I hurt for all those people too.
texasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 02:48 PM   #15
Master Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Originally Posted by LT72884 View Post
wait what... when did a tornado go through Iowa??
There were more than 60! tornadoes in Tennessee, Arkansas, Texas... that region. Just hideous!

I haven't heard yet from my friend who lives in Jackson, where the damage was pretty severe. I hope they are okay.
Wine is the food that completes the meal.
ChefJune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:25 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
Thanks Buck for the update. My husband and his mother are in Paducah (Katie knows the story) this week and he said there were some close but he wasnt sure how close..... the storms were very loud tho.
I have a cousin in TN that lost his roof but he's ok.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.....
suziquzie is offline   Reply With Quote

« Snow! | Trivia 2/6 »