Toys for Tots Drive - Twin Cities

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigDog

Head Chef
As some of you may know, my primary source of income is working for the Minneapolis Park Police Department in a non-sworn law enforcement position. If you didn't know, now you do! Anyways, I wanted to share some information and pictures of the drive. This is the last day of the drive, where the various law enforcement agenices get involved.

This started some 12 years ago, with the Golden Valley PD (home city to the NBC affiliate, KARE11). Since then, it has grown exponentially. This year was no different. Due to weather, the turn out was far reduced, but the GVPD Sgt. said he invited some 60+ agenices to participate! Turns out we had about a dozen or so show up. The link below is to some pictures of my group, which included the University of Minnesota Police, Minneapolis Police, Minneapolis Park Police (my department), and Minnesota Dept. of Natural Resources (DNR). The 2 pictures that show all of the squads with the lights on has a total of about 50 squads in the lot.

I don't know the actual total number of toys brought, but the military tent was empty when we started, and pretty much full when we finished. MPPD/MPD had 3 bikes in the back of the DNR truck, and full back seats of 3 squads, 1 full SUV (Tahoe), and the leftovers in my SUV (Escape). It was a grand time, my first, and for a great cause. I just thought I would share the experience a bit.

Yahoo! Photos - williamrlarson's Photos - Mail Attachments

BTW, I am the only person in a grey uniform shirt.

God Bless the military and all those who give to our little ones every year to the Toys for Tots. Every year the motorcycle clubs of Hawaii have a Toys for Tots parade in Waikiki. Thousands of motorcyclist participate donating truck loads of toys. We have tents with homeless families on the beaches here and every one of the little ones will get a toy. Thank you Big Dog for your work with this organization. Here is a picture of my sister and her DH going to the meeting place to join the parade.

Back
Top Bottom