Tracking Gustav

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for all your thoughts to those of us being affected in one way or another----been keeping a tight watch....at least we do get CNN International here and they have been giving good coverage of our friend, Gustav.......they are not kidding when they comment that New Orleans is like a cereal bowl......when there is too much water there's no place for it to go except inside the bowl......Houston is also flood-prone but glad to see that it's in no immediate danger....hope that all goes well for everyone else and their friends and families in these areas........

Expat, or Tracy, anyone, hows the Galveston area doing?

Prayers, all.

They just reported 430,000 homes without power on CNN. Luckily most homes are not occupied.

Original thread & post was mine on 8/27/2008 @ 3:54pm EDT. And considering it was also formed and active at that time, and how long it's taken to get where it is now - slow moving, and worrysome for many, many more areas/people if it had moved faster. And as if it has anything to do with anything to prove my point, 1985, seasonally, permanently, 1999. Why? According to your info your in NC. So? Rude? No. You're just not up to date with the posts. And as others have agreed with me, I don't think I'm too off-beat. But whatever..
I was not replying to your "original thread", I was replying to your post. Sure your original thread was posted one day, but the comment I replied to was only three days after. Sure, it was iffy timing, but that happens a lot here. So don't tell anyone to "get with the program" ~ that's rude. And address what is said with correct responses, not unsupported facts. As to your last comment, again, you're making no sense. You were rude telling anyone to "get with the program" and stating lies.

Kleenex, I started a thread earlier: and then there is Hanna, or something like that. Then they named tropical storm #9, Ike. But I posted links so you can keep track.
Again, good luck and prayers to ALL.

Two more are coming??? I've run out of fingernails sweating over Gustav let alone 2 more...........but you're right this is the time of the year for hurricanes, tropical storms, etc and the warm water temps in the Gulf can make them worse......thanks again for everyone's concern and interest...........:)

It almost makes me feel guilty about the wonderful weather we are having. But then, they have wonderful weather in the South when we have life threatening blizzards up her in February.

I know what you mean, GW. Our day here is so spectacular, but I can't stop worrying about my friends in NOLA and nearby areas.

Back
Top Bottom