"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-03-2008, 02:32 AM   #31
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I remember hearing about Dog Beach all the time when I lived in Vista (until 1996), but I wasn't sure exactly where it was.

Barbara

Old 08-03-2008, 10:37 AM   #32
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
I remember hearing about Dog Beach all the time when I lived in Vista (until 1996), but I wasn't sure exactly where it was.

Barbara
"Dog Beach" is a nickname for Ocean Beach in San Diego. Dogs are allowed to run freely but owner MUST pick up after the dogs. No one that I know goes to that beach to swim or just lie in the sun for obvious reasons. There are dozens of dogs there at any given time and they LOVE it. Have a look:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dog Beach.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	4826  

Old 08-03-2008, 12:10 PM   #33
Executive Chef

Dog beach is just a very small stretch of beach near Carlsbad, if you blink while driving down the 101 or don't know what you are looking for you'd miss it. But its a favorite among the locals!

deelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 12:17 PM   #34
Executive Chef

How are you feeling today Barbara? Are you able to move around? Hope you are able to forget all about this soon, it must be a pain in the keester let alone nerve racking!

By the way how long have you and your husband been married for? It sounds as if you two have quite a marriage. Its very nice to see acouple who are obviously best friends as well!

deelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 11:44 PM   #35
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by deelady View Post
How are you feeling today Barbara? Are you able to move around? Hope you are able to forget all about this soon, it must be a pain in the keester let alone nerve racking!

By the way how long have you and your husband been married for? It sounds as if you two have quite a marriage. Its very nice to see acouple who are obviously best friends as well!
Thanks for asking deelady! I am feeling so much better. I'm finally off of 24-hour bed rest as of today. I still have to rest some, but I can get around pretty normally (if wearing hot compression stockings is normal! lol). As I mentioned in another post, I am going to have to work on building my muscles up again.

My husband and I have been married 5 years, 4 1/2 months. We actually met on the computer. The first time I ever talked to him was March 30, 2000. I met him face-to-face in Iowa at Christmas time 2000. He moved to South Carolina at Christmas time (arrived Christmas Eve) 2001, and we were married March 21, 2003. If you click on the images link to the left (under my name, etc.) you can see a picture of us together. If you don't want to go to that trouble just picture Ben Affleck and his beautiful wife Jennifer Garner. heeheehee!

Barbara
Old 08-04-2008, 03:18 PM   #36
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraL
My husband and I have been married 5 years, 4 1/2 months. We actually met on the computer. The first time I ever talked to him was March 30, 2000. I met him face-to-face in Iowa at Christmas time 2000. He moved to South Carolina at Christmas time (arrived Christmas Eve) 2001, and we were married March 21, 2003.
Barbara - what a romantic story. My hubby and I also met online, about 5 and 1/2 years ago, and in April, we celebrated our third anniversary. Nice to hear love stories that involve grandmas, isn't it?
Old 08-04-2008, 03:53 PM   #37
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Yes it is Karen! What a lot of people don't know is that he moved here with only what would fit in his car. The windshield wipers were broken, and it was raining freezing rain (Christmas, remember?). He drove through about 3 states at night with his left arm out the window, making the one wiper go up and down! When daylight came, he stopped and fixed it!

Barbara
Old 08-04-2008, 04:27 PM   #38
Master Chef

wow, barb, that's romance!! james is a great person, i'm so glad fer you both that you met.
glad you're mending, must be a relief-&-a-half!
Old 08-04-2008, 05:27 PM   #39
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
Barbara do they know how long it will be before you're 100% again ?
I'm just glad you're doing much better now.