"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-21-2007, 10:06 AM   #71
Master Chef

As long as your doing okay. I'm glad that your going to the dr. and talking about therapy with your wife. It will do you both good to do that. Good luck!!

Old 11-21-2007, 10:11 AM   #72
Head Chef

cheers texasgirl

Old 11-21-2007, 10:12 AM   #73
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylegsbig View Post
There is half a tecate left in the fridge and i see no reason not to use it. Be a good chance to get rid of it without being wasteful.

thanks for your concern though, friend.

cheers
probably too late now to tell you this but I agree that you ought to dump any and all alcohol in your possession. no more cooking with it either.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:13 AM   #74
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
also, me and my wife are going to do some couples therapy. again, hopefully supplied by my psychiatrist.

had a doctor's appointment yesterday and im doing better. for sure.

things are well right now. saw my wife yesterday and ironed out a couple of issues, got to play with my daughter as well

cheers, and thanks again fellows
I'm really glad to hear this, Legs. I had some friends during and after college who got married and had a son; he acted like he was still in college, drinking and smoking weed a lot, while she was moving on from that and was, of course, doing most of the child care while working full-time. She finally told me she was fed up and was thinking of getting a divorce. I suggested that she leave with her son and stay with family for a while, to knock it into his head how serious she was, but it was too late - she just didn't want to be married to him anymore, so they got divorced.

The fact that your wife wanted to separate but is willing to work with you on this is a very good sign Best of luck to both of you.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:31 PM   #75
Master Chef

Quote:
Goodweed, for how many years did you do judo?

I will osoto gari you on your head!

:)
Enough to know that I am still a rank beginner, but a talented one. And my falling techniques, well let's just say that i have survived stepping off a two story building twice in the same day, being struck from behind by a car, while sitting on a motorcycle, flying off of a 60 foot cliff (again on a motorcycle), my feet slipping out from under me on ice, forcing me into a perfect back-fall, and too many other falls and tumbles to list.

Try to throw me with osoto gari, and a quick hand to the small of your back will negate that effort, I will quickly follow up with a choke/submission hold, or as you are spinning to regain your stance, execute horiah goshi. Been there, done that.

You would be absolutely amazed at how well horiah goshi works on a drunken person, another reason to stay sober, yes?

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 12:37 PM   #76
Master Chef

Oh, and just for the record, horiah goshi, hona goshi, epon sianagi, and maroti sianogi are much more fun to watch, and execute, and are much more punishing to the victim. And then there are the grappling and pinning techiques, the arm-bars, wrist-locks, and other fun submission holds. I especially favor the corotid chokes from the front, using the opponant's lapels or collar. It takes a mere twenty to thirty seconds to make an opponant unconscious with that. Quick tap-outs are virtually garunteed.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Old 11-21-2007, 12:37 PM   #77
Head Chef

lol

Cheers goodweed!
Old 11-21-2007, 01:45 PM   #78
Sous Chef

You two play nice and have a Happy Thanksgivings Day!!
Old 11-22-2007, 12:24 AM   #79
Master Chef

Thanks. We will. And legs, have the best Thanksgiving ever knowing that you are on the way to reclaiming your wife and children, and your life.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Old 11-22-2007, 12:27 AM   #80
Executive Chef

Glad to hear that things are on the improve for you Legs, esp with your holiday season nigh. As I said earlier, your posts show that you are improving. Sometimes just having an outlet is enough to help you through dark times. As you are aware, it is important not to bottle. Just brace yourself for a bit of a dip. It will happen and can really hit you hard if you aren't expecting it.
Be happy.