"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-22-2007, 03:15 AM   #81
Head Chef

I wish you the very best of luck staying off the booze and improving your life: its a hard choice, but surely worth it!

Old 11-22-2007, 07:22 AM   #82
Sous Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Chefellas
Hi MyLegsBig- I just read the entire thread and I can see by your responses that bit by bit you're doing a lot better.The advice that everyone has given you is so full of wisdom that I'm sure you're starting to see light at the end of that dark tunnel. The only thing that I have to add is this.I am a great believer in herbal medicine.Maybe instead of taking the chemical drugs to calm you, which can be detrimental to your liver, kidneys, etc., you could see a doctor of alternative medicine, to tell you what kind of herbal teas and such, would do the same job. Just keep up the good work. We're all rooting for you and I know with positive thinking and with strong will you'll pull yourself out of this debacle.!!!!!!

Old 11-22-2007, 08:42 AM   #83
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
MLB - wow! I have not been on in a while - missed alot. I am sorry to hear what you are having to endure right now. After reading every post - it does appear that you are improving. Thats awesome! The advice on this thread is amazing! You are blessed to be surrounded by such a wonderful group of people. In the end - your family is worth any sacrifice - including liquor! Keep up the good work my friend!
Old 11-23-2007, 08:45 PM   #84
Sous Chef

Hope everything went well for you and your family on Thanksgiving Day. How are you holding up? I know it's not the easiest time right now but hold on, keep working through it and it will keep getting easier and easier the farther you get. Trust in yourself, you are your biggest friend. We here at DC are moral support, we can lift you mentally. You have to lift yourself physically. You can do it.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:00 AM   #85
Head Chef

everything got better and now its a lot worse.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:01 AM   #86
Executive Chef

Without trying to sound pompous, that's the way it usually goes legs. Things will be up and down, and the downs can be deep. May I ask what happened?
Old 12-03-2007, 04:10 AM   #87
Chef Extraordinaire

we're here, legs.

fire away.
Um diddle diddle diddle um diddle ay
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 07:30 AM   #88
Sous Chef

Hey Legs; We're ready to help when you need us. Just give a shout. Remember, you can do this. Believe in yourself because we here at DC do!! It is a one day at time thing. Sometimes, one minute at a time is more like it but you'll do it, I have FAITH IN YOU!!!!!
Old 12-03-2007, 08:14 AM   #89
Head Chef

There was a time not too long ago when I had considerable exposure to three crack addicted people in a face to face, heart to heart way. Some wanted to get off the stuff but could not because they would not accept any professional help, any help from the narcotic equivalent of AAA, any help from their families or anyone else. The three are today probably dead or in prison. I have no way of knowing about any of them but I'm certain that one of them is dead.

This is hard stuff be it alcohol or drugs. We want to help but can't. It sounds like our young acquaintance has crashed. There comes a time for tough love and this might be the time but none of us knows and other than the admitted recovering alcoholics none of us really can give much in the way of advice. We would like to be friends but in an impersonal forum such as this we can't.

I wish our young acquaintenance Legs all the best and that he reaches out to and accepts in his local community all the help he can find.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:14 AM   #90
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
Keep looking up friend, even when you don't want to.