Trick or Treating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
we ended up with about 100 to 125 kids.

just as i excitedly arrived home from work, ready to go the rounds with my son, dw pulls up in front of the house with the little guy fast asleep in his carseat.
so i had to wait, and worse, answer the door before the little moochers rang the doorbell after dw brought him in.

dw made up about 60 little baggies of candy. i told her only to put about 3 or 4 pieces in each, but she stuffed 'em.
the first kids arrived at 3:45pm. then a steady stream went on for an hour or so.

we were going thru the stuffed baggies so fast that i started to apportion them only to kids that "should" be trick-or-treating. anyone with facial hair or a driver's license, or anyone so young they're unable to feed themselves only got 1 piece from a seperate bowl. a few moms or dads showed up carrying a baby that is obviously incapable of eating candy. if they had several kids with the baby, i didn't mind. but just an infant? gimme a break. the candy was for the parents.

just as we were about to run out of candy, my little guy woke up, and wanted to go out asap!
it was so much fun. a few times when neighbors would give him candy, he remarked "teet or teet, ooOOOOooohhh, aaaAAAAhhhhh" like it was the best gift ever given him.

we only went out for a little while, then got back home to defend the homestead. fortunately, not many more kids showed up, so we ended up with just a few pieces left. it worked out perfectly. :)

We had a blast. Our town has whats called a Ghost Walk and its where all the business support trick or treating and give out candy (6pm - 8pm). We hit all the businesses and DH was able to go with us to those before he headed off to class. It was then just the our youngest and I.....so off we went to the houses. I think we hit maybe 10-15 houses. By the time we went to all the businesses and houses his pumpkin was completely full....all within maybe 45 minutes.....so we headed back home because it was cold and he had to get his bath still.

We had about 75 kids lat night. The evening weather was great and a lot of us adults were standing outside and chatting while the kids were out.

I noticed last night that just about every kid said thank you when they got candy.

We didnt even hand out our 60 bags of chips.
hahah
Still a bunch left.
My mom though we were gonna run out too. She went and got more.
:D

Andy M. said:
I noticed last night that just about every kid said thank you when they got candy.

Funny Andy, that was what I noticed about last night too! Every single kid who came to our door was unfailingly polite. No one tried to yank my door open, (or worse open it before I did!) or said anything but pleasant things. Either we now have the rep of being harda$$es who won't tolerate that behaviour (crap candy to those like that) or the weather kept the delinquents home. It was really cold last night (-8C or colder). I only had one little guy (spiderman!) the rest were 10-14 years old and all dressed up well.

Our kids were pretty polite as well. I even had one boy who was probably 13 or so helping a bunch of little kids. I give the little kids some candy and he made sure they said thanks. Then I went to give him a piece and he seemed genuinely surprised that I was giving him candy, but he accepted it was a nice thank you.

We had very few kids and only one group of older kids.

Back
Top Bottom