"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-13-2011, 11:34 AM   #11
Certified Pretend Chef

Now I suppose we'll have another flood of TV shows with personalities eating stuff made with this pepper and sweating on camera.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:38 AM   #12
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by medtran49 View Post
Ask Craig what happens when you and your brother decide to do some taste testing and start going thru the hot sauces in the pantry and you try Dave's Insanity sauce on a cracker...
Even my own pepperhead won't do more than dip a toothpick into Dave's Insanity Sauce, then he stirs a red beer with it. That's how he tests sauces.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:48 AM   #13
Certified Pretend Chef

I never saw the sense of eating the hottest stuff you can stand. To the extent it's part of a tasty dish, I'm all for it. I just don't think dares should be part of the food experience.

Reminds me of the redneck's last words, "Oh yeah? Watch this!"
Old 04-13-2011, 02:43 PM   #14
Master Chef

It has to have great flavor, IMO.

Heat for heat's sake doesn't do much for me. I don't sense that "endorphin rush."
Old 04-13-2011, 02:57 PM   #15
Executive Chef

If this is considered spam, feel free to delete my post. Here is a cool recipe site for people who like spicy dishes. I have used it a few times. It is fun to browse through. After pressing o recipes, look on the left side and you will see all of the categories. Fun stuff! PepperFool.com 's Hot and Spicy Recipe Pages. With Thousands of Chile Pepper Recipes; Resources for finding Hot Sauces, Salsa's, Chile pepper seeds, FreshDried Chiles, and Spicy Resturants!!!.......Pepper, Habanero, Chipotle, Jalepeno
Old 04-13-2011, 03:43 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I never saw the sense of eating the hottest stuff you can stand. To the extent it's part of a tasty dish, I'm all for it. I just don't think dares should be part of the food experience.

Reminds me of the redneck's last words, "Oh yeah? Watch this!"
Reminds me of a potluck we had at work once. One of the 20-24 year old young men brought spicy chicken wings and was bragging about how hot they were. My friend Handel asked me to try them and report just how hot they were. Handel figured they were probably inedible. I tried them and then so did Handel. They were so hot that you couldn't taste anything but hot.

The funny part is that Handel is from Guyana and makes the best hot sauce I have ever tasted. It's really hot too. 1/4 tsp flavours a potful of food and it's hot. I tried to convince him to make it commercially, but no luck. Unfortunately, for me, Handel moved away and I can't get his great hot sauce any more.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:53 PM   #17
Master Chef

Okay

Here is a You Tube clip of the Food Network Show i was on last year where they made hot wings with the Red Savinas from my garden.

At .19 of the trailer there they are, I am in purple and that's my friend mary eating them with Aron McCargo.

Our full segment is about 3 minutes in in this clip. About The Fat Cat resturant in Quincy, MA. It might stop playing if you try to fast forward to it, unfortunately.

My peppers are the bright red ones. You can see them sitting there. He calls them scotch bonnets, but they obviously are not.

And me again! And mary kicking Big Daddy's butt!

Old 04-13-2011, 04:42 PM   #18
Certified Pretend Chef

I remember watching you on TV back when this aired.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:57 PM   #19
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

How sweet of you to wipe his eyes for him!
Old 04-14-2011, 12:10 AM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Jennyema, I didn't spot you in the first one and the second one says, "This video contains content from Scripps, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds." Now that's weird, 'cause Canada has strict copyright laws, but it's downright weird that only one of those two is blocked.

Tags
chili, pepper