DID YOU KNOW...
The last cigarette to be advertised on U.S. television was Virginia Slims , on The Tonight Show on January 1, 1971, at 11:59 P.M. one minute before the Federal ban took effect.
1. What talk show host is famous for his chair throwing, food flinging, fist fighting guests ?
2. Which U.S. General led the United States First Army on Omaha Beach and Utah Beach?
a. Dwight Eisenhower
b. Omar Bradley
c. Bertram Ramsey
d. Bernard Montgomery
3. Fill in the blank ; Vanna Whites annual salary for turning letters on Wheel of Fortune:
around ______ million.
4. What Hollywood leading man provided the voice of the cartoon bee in TV ads (2004) for Nasonex allergy medication ?
a. Ricardo Montalban
b. Antonio Banderas
c. Andy Garcia
d. Freddie Prinze, Jr.
5. What animal is the most common sports mascot of U.S. colleges and universities ?
6. True or false;
A white Quill pen is traditionally given to a lawyer who argues a case before the U.S. Supreme Court.
7. Got any clue as to what the Legal capacity (patrons) of the bar featured on the sit-com Cheers was ?
8. Who was the first film character to be a finalist for Time magazines Man of the Year ?
(Hint; the year was 1982)
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Margaret Mitchell penned the first draft of her manuscript, Gone with the Wind, with the heroines name as Pansy O'Hara.
1. Jerry Springer
2. - b
8. ET (He lost out to the computer, which was named Machine of the year).
When Margaret Mitchell first began writing "Gone With the Wind," in her first draft she gave the leading character the name of Pansy O'Hara. This character's name of course was soon changed to Scarlett, at the request of the publisher for a name change.
Oh; and BTW;
The original name of Melanie was Permelia, and after writing the work for about a year Miss Mitchell changed the name of Fontenoy Hall to Tara. Not only does Tara speak to the O'Hara heritage (the hill of Tara was the residence of Irish kings in ancient times) it would appear to be a lot less cumbersome to say than "Fontenoy Hall."
I hear a G.W.T.W. Sunday Special coming................
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !