Trivia 1/23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
trivia 1/23

DID YOU KNOW...

Youngest pro hockey player: Bep Guidolin joined the Boston Bruins in 1942 when he was 16.
Oldest pro hockey player: Gordie Howe played professionally from 1946 to 1980. When he retired, he was 52 years old.

Youngest person to swim the English Channel: Thomas Gregory in 1988, when he was 13 years old.
Oldest person to swim the English Channel: Clifford Batt in 1987, at the age of 67.

1. What is the term for the alluvial deposit at the mouth of the river?
2. Which English monarch abdicated the throne to marry an American?
3. Who is credited with the movie quote, "Is that a gun in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?"
4. What are the two main ingredients of the classic Angels on Horseback ?

5. Which mountain range is home to the Bristlecone Pine ?
6. Fill in the blanks;
"Typically, _____ and _____ together produce about 50 percent of the world’s rice crop."
7. What Swiss-born actress got international attention with her role in the first "Bond" movie, Dr. No ?
8. Screen tough-guy Charles Bronson appeared in What Elvis movie ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Dennis Hopper appeared on Petticoat Junction.

1. DELTA
2. edward VIII
3. MAE WEST

4. OYSTERS AND BACON
5. rocky mountains
6. china - india
7. URSULA ANDRESS
8. kid gallahad
TRUTH !!
Hopper appeared on many TV shows during the 50's and 60's, including a 1964 episode of Petticoat Junction called "Bobbie Jo and the Beatnik".
Hopper also appeared on The Twilight Zone (as did many other stars-to-be), Wagon Train, The Rifleman, Bonanza, Gunsmoke, and many others.
His first movie appearance was an uncredited role in Johnny Guitar (1954), followed by a part in Rebel Without a Cause (1955).

You are wrong on the Bristlecone Pines. They are in the White Mountains of the Sierra Nevada range. They are a whole 2 states away from the Rockies. I've been there, its a fairly short drive east of Bishop, CA, near the California - Nevada border.

Last edited:
magic823, maybe there is more than one location? I'm pretty sure they are in the Rocky Mountains. I'm going to go do some research.

Edit: According to Google and Wikipedia they exist in both the Rockies and the Sierra Nevada range. There are Ancient Bristlecones and Rocky Mountain bristlecones. Perhaps this is the confusion.

Last edited:
Interesting, but the main population of what is commonly thought of as Bristlecone Pines is in California White Mountains (certainly the oldest). I think I remember reading during my visit there was they were the only standing groves.

Its an amazing place to visit. I visited in October and at that altitude (about 10,000 feet) it was pretty cold.

ghost.jpg

I am guessing that is the Ancient Bristlecone. Perhaps the Rocky Mountain variety is significantly younger. Pretty neat in either instance.

so................. what have we decided ??
is it a good answer or a not so good answer ?

"Inquiring minds want to know "

:smartass:official decision is.......

magic is KEEEREECT !

question is phrased, "home to" which denotes place of origon for trivia purposes; "home" for the bristlecone is now under the Bering sea, which doesn't count for our purposes, but the White Mountains is where the surviving population hails from.............although they are now found in six states, "home" is the White mountains.

GOOD CATCH MAGIC......KEEP ME HONEST !!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom