trivia 1/27

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
trivia 1/27
DID YOU KNOW...
Shortly after the end of World War II (1945), the whole of Volkswagen, factory and patents, was offered free to Henry Ford II. He dismissed the Volkswagen Beetle as a bad design. The Beetle became one of the best-selling vehicles of all time.

1. What's the name of the chief villain in The Lion King ?
2. Which Chinese sauce translates to "Pickled Fish Brine" ?
3. What do you call an adult male seal ?
4. What's missing (north to south) ;
Italy, Sicily, ________ ..
5. Where in the British Isles would I go to visit "The Giant's Causeway" ?
6. Which basketball team did Magic Johnson play for ?
7. Who Said That ??
"Anyone who hates children and dogs can't be all bad."
8. What was the most newsworthy event of the 1989 World series ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Spring onions and scallions are the same thing.
1. Scar
2. Hoi Sin
3. A bull
4. Malta
5. Northern Ireland
6. Los Angeles Lakers
7. W.C. Fields
8. An Earthquake
CRAP !!
Scallions, or Shallots, differ from other onions in that instead of having a single bulb, it divides into a cluster of smaller bulbs.

Okay on #s 1 & 7. Was #8 ten years already. Wow!
T or C not so sure. I said true, so I looked below. Now I'm really confused! LOL!

Source #1: A scallion, also commonly known as spring onion, green onion, or salad onion, is associated with various members of the genus Allium that lack a fully-developed bulb. Harvested for its taste, they tend to be milder than other onions and may be steamed or set in salads in western cookery and cooked in many Asian recipes. Diced scallions are often used in soup, noodle and seafood dishes, and in sauces in eastern dishes, after removing the bottom quarter-inch or so of the root end.

Source #2: We Aussies call them shallots, others call them green onions, or scallions, or spring onions, or onion shoots, or breath destroyers… a shallot by any other name would taste as sharp!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom