Trivia 10/21

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
trivia 10/21
DID YOU KNOW...
your fingernails grow at an average rate of one-tenth of an inch per month. they grow faster on your dominant hand, and they grow faster in the summer than in the winter.

1. name the fourth country to explode an atomic bomb.
2. what year saw the introduction of the first bank credit card?
3. who was tweety bird's personal nemesis?
4. what new york mets player was nick-named "mr. clean"?
5. who was the first person to see the rings around saturn?
6. what singer pioneered the bell-bottom trend in the 1960's?
7. Who Am I;
I was a likeable young man who turned in a lot of solid work playing bungling but well-meaning teenagers including a string of films for the Disney studio. The best of my roles was as Travis Coates in Old Yeller (1957), Wilby Daniels in The Shaggy Dog (1959), and Ernst Robinson in Swiss Family Robinson (1960).
I also played the title character in The Misadventures of Merlin Jones (1964).
8. What internet search engine runs Babel Fish translation service ?

TRUTH OR CRAP ???
Of all the avian species on Earth, the most numerous is the Arctic Tern.
1. china
2. 1952
3. SYLVESTER THE CAT
4. TOM SEAVER
5. GALILEO
6. cher
7. Tommy Kirk
8. Yahoo

CRAP !!
The most numerous are the red-billed queleas, seed-eating finches that occur in gigantic feeding flocks of tens of thousands, sometimes millions of birds. Some of these feeding flocks are so large that it takes over four hours for them to pass.
The total world population of these small sparrow-like birds is estimated to be in the order of 100,000 million, putting it comfortably in line for the title of the world's most numerous bird.

OK, I sucked so bad today I'm not going to tell you my score. I will say though that I enjoyed reading the little trivia bit about the birds at the end. I think it would be incredibly cool to see a flock take a couple of hours to fly over. Thanks LT. (Oh and thanks for the recipes you sent, I hadn't planned a party, but my girls are asking about one now so I might have to use those recipes!)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom